What food do you cook that makes a complete mess of your kitchen?

I switched to induction cooktop a few years ago. No more burners!

That’s intriguing. I’m so used to cooking over a flame. Was it a steep learning curve switching to induction?

Really not although I’d heard otherwise. It’s just very quick and very sensitive. I didn’t buy it for ease of cleaning but it’s such a breeze. You can even put paper on the cooktop and put the cookware on top of that, say if you’re deep frying. But I don’t even bother.

1 Like

I would think the “lingering odor” would be one of the benefits. Who doesn’t love a morning smelling of bacon?c

1 Like

I actually like the smell of bacon; I just don’t eat it anymore. I was trying to help Bookwich.

1 Like

[quote=“MaladyNelson, post:25, topic:3013”]
And the smell lasts for days.
[/quote]More than kimchi soup @Bookwich? To each its own.

[quote=“lectroid, post:24, topic:3013”]
Who doesn’t love a morning smelling of bacon?c
[/quote]Yep. I love the smell of bacon in the morning. It smells like… home.

2 Likes

Does turkey bacon count?

I bet my home and my little slice of Maui, that most vegan loving tools, could easily be swayed by the smell of bacon cooking in da kitchen…to be tempted to eat the pig!

There is nothing like the smell of bacon…
:pig:

That’s funny. I told my hardcore vegetarian sister that I suspected vegetarians don’t like meat to begin with. So it’s not a sacrifice. She said “Bullshit. I love bacon.”

I don’t like beef, pork or chicken.

You’re constantly surprising.

I don’t eat any mammals or birds. And while I do like the smell of bacon, that doesn’t make me want to eat it. I also like the smell of lipstick, and gasoline, and cut grass. I don’t eat those things either.

2 Likes

…Touché?

1 Like

Just presenting an alternate viewpoint to counter @Plumeria’s assertion that non-meat eaters “could easily be swayed by the smell of bacon.” There’s more to say about this, but we’re already off topic.

LOL. I thought it was the “tool” part that set you off :wink:. I wouldn’t worry too much about going off topic on this thread. It’s just a few of us chickens… so to speak.

1 Like

Well, I’ll redeem myself by making an on-topic contribution: mung bean starch noodles. The starch is so light and fine that if I so much as breathe on it, my counter looks like Woody Allen stopped by.

1 Like

Very funny. I love that scene. I cringe every time I see it.

Hey, I haven’t had red meat since 1973, so I do get it…
Touché on the gas, cut grass and lipstick too…
BTW, I love the smell of magic markers!

LOL…no worries on going off topic either…:yum:

1 Like

LOL…just realized I wrote ‘tool’…how did that happen?
Gonna leave it in.

:flushed:

1 Like

Well, that cheese-grating thing caught up with me yesterday. In the morning we had a potluck with our exercise class at the Senior Center, and I had 2 1/2 hours to make five quarts of mac’n’cheese. This is a recipe needing me to grate four cups of cheese. The cheese grater was the flat kind with a handle held over a very large bowl, three or more inches around in every direction, and it still spit cheese flakes far and wide. I got that mopped up while the dish was in the oven. Then, since the mac recipe required four or five whole green chiles and I had bought the big can, I decided to do a chile relleno casserole for dinner. More cheese-grating, more cheese-scattering …

2 Likes