What is Belcampo doing to "my" burger?

I point you to the right of the column on the DTLA menu board:
“add these items to your burger”

line 3: salsa. BELL PEPPER? (did I just barf inside my mouth a bit?). COLE SLAW? (wtf is this the Belcampo #19?) AVOCADO?

Is it because today’s national cheeseburger day? Am I getting trolled by the chalkboard artist?

That’s bizarre. Can’t understand why someone would want salsa (?!) on their burger, either.

I point you to the right of the column on the DTLA menu board:
“add these items to your burger”

line 3: salsa. BELL PEPPER? (did I just barf inside my mouth a bit?). COLE SLAW? (wtf is this the Belcampo #19?) AVOCADO?

Is it because today’s national cheeseburger day? Am I getting trolled by the chalkboard artist?

You do realize where you are, right?

To paraphrase the words of one famous Vin Diesel in that epic movie that the Academy overlooked in “Furious Five” … “This is Grand Central Market.”

It’s an add on, don’t like it, don’t order it. No one is putting a gun to your head to order it.

1 Like

anyone been to the third street location?

Possibly my favorite fucking burger in the city. The eponymous GCM burger. Must’ve have devoured that fucker more than a couple dozen times in the past year and a week or so.

But it’s healthy right ???

welcome @kevin. #freekevin2015 can finally be sunset?

i hear the 3rd st location has a fantastic fried chix sando. having just tried the “mother clucker” at the DTLA location, I’m assuming it’s an entirely different beast at Santa Monica.

also, prefer Belcampo’s lamb burger over badmaash. by a lot.

I disagree. Wait, maybe I do agree. I’ll need to try them back to back.

But I do prefer Belcampo at GCM to the one at Santa Monica. Nice space, the latter, but unacceptably inconsistent.

1 Like

Badmaash is better.

Unless you prefer your lamb on the vapid side.

Yes, Badmaash has that great spicing. But I do like the lamb at Belcampo. I really must do a taste-off.

Badmaash was great, surprisingly i really liked the pickles.

2 Likes

Just as an ode to TonyC, you should order your Belacampo Lamb Burger with salsa, American cheese, and avocado. Ask for the coleslaw on the side, however. Too messy otherwise.

that looks like alien jizzed on top of a patty.

belcampo may be vapid, but it’s distinctly sheepish. the badmaash burger tasted like lamb curry, previously chewed by toddler, and then griddled. if Umami made a lamb burger, badmaash probably would’ve been it.

source: recently consumed food first masticated by kindergartners.

fun pickles tho.

2 Likes

… and now I think we’re all left wondering how you’ve come to the position where you had to consume food masticated by kindergartners. :laughing:

Haven’t had either lamb burger, but I would hope they taste like lamb. I could barely taste that wonderful beef patty under the blanket of overwhelmingly sweet caramelized onion flavor in Belcampo’s cheeseburger.

1 Like

[quote=“noddles, post:15, topic:43, full:true”]we’re all left wondering how you’ve come to the position where you had to consume food masticated by kindergartners. :laughing:
[/quote]
in a severely anti-food waste household (with kids). we eat food dropped on the [very clean] floor, and sometimes, just sometimes, say… when a chunk of $19/lb belcampo pork rib is involved, i’ll eat it even if someone had spat it out. IDGAF.

[quote]I could barely taste that wonderful beef patty under the blanket of overwhelmingly sweet caramelized onion flavor in Belcampo’s cheeseburger.
[/quote]
i can see how that’s may be a issue to some. it’s certainly not nearly as bad as the FO burger, nor the atrociously drowned Petit Trois disaster – that thing is a like a burger ahogada salt bomb – but anywho. Belcampo, unlike PT, allows menu changes. Ask for the burger straight up: cheese, meat.

Let us know how it goes.

Haven’t had Badmaash’s lamb burger, but I wasn’t too fond of the lamb burger at Belcampo GCM…Now, their pulled lamb belly sandwich is fantastic!

Is that why I find it oddly appealing…? Hmmm…

1 Like

That’s exactly why I’m not a fan of FO’s burger and why I’ve been avoiding Petit Trois’ as well. And thanks, didn’t know Belcampo allowed changes; it seems like the norm nowadays for restaurants to deny any sort of substitution.

Understood. That’s all you needed to say.

Curious to hear your (or anyone else’s) opinion on Golden State’s lamb burger, which is my personal favorite. Although, I do have questionable taste…