What is in your opinion the best restaurant in LA?

Not meaning “favorite” favorite, but from your wide range of experience tasting Los Angeles food what it the best?

I don’t know.

1 Like

Kato or Providence

Um hard to quantify best? For me “best” can mean a lot of things depending on my mood, budget, appetite, location, or type of cuisine I want to eat at that moment.

4 Likes

Very broad question considering the wide range of cuisine in Los Angeles.

Probably Providence for the whole food and dining experience.

Cut if I want a great steak.

Taco Bell if I want a taco in a Doritos taco shell.

4 Likes

McDonald’s

6 Likes

Meteora.

1 Like

Hayoto

1 Like

I get asked this a lot. I don’t like answering such a broad question, as it is just too generalized, and would potentially marginalize a lot of equally worthy establishments in my book.

Now, if you ask me where to eat if you had one meal in L.A., then I’d ask you questions on a comfortable budget, food likes (and dislikes), geography / willingness to commute, large or small party, importance of ambiance, etc. I think this is a more FTC-oriented way in which I like to help out our fellow food enthusiasts…

8 Likes

Where can I get the best filet o fish with hashbrown?

7 Likes

Hayato.

2 Likes

but also it’s Pailin

2 Likes

japanese sweet potato and icefish at hayato

8 Likes

McKaiseki

4 Likes

The next cheat meal.

5 Likes

Don’t care about budget, like any sort of upscale high end food, and would prefer not a long drawn out meal… I heard Hayato for example is 3 hours no matter what.

1 Like

Upscale without committing to a multi-hour tasting menu, Republique or Majordomo.

3 Likes

Agree with Republique as I’d say that is the most quintessential LA restaurant. Bavel would be my other suggestion if you’re trying to stay away from lengthy tasting menu meals.

Hayato. My last dinner request before the firing squad.

2 Likes

Best restaurant that I’ve eaten at is Bavel: Bavel Los Angeles Restaurant Picture Menu | Plaza.

Best food I’ve had probably came off a truck :slight_smile:

1 Like