What is your usual In-N-Out order?

If that’s the same “chili” they slop onto the burgers at Tommy’s, leave me out. I found it very greasy (not that XLNT isn’t!), but also flavorless. YMMV. I can see thinning out the XLNT with a bit of water, but personally, I don’t think it needs any more oil. As much as I enjoy it, that stuff sits pretty heavily on the stomach to me already. I had a small bowl of it this afternoon, thinned out with a half-can of pinto beans (probably 2:1 pintos to XLNT-- so maybe 4 oz of XLNT), and I can still feel it. This may end up in the growing category of food I enjoy but can no longer eat much of.

BTW, I used to do the InO chiliburger with Smashburger chili, until Smashburger stopped serving chili. XLNT makes for a tastier chiliburger.

4 Likes

I wanted to love this but alas it was not crusty enough to make it worth it. More testing is required though.

3x1 well done, xtoast, AS, both kinds of onions

7 Likes

I believe Tommy’s uses or is more akin to the Dolores brick…

So I went to in-n-out tonight and as I’m driving away I reach in the bag and grab a french fry. And WTF??

It was crispy outside, pillowy soft inside. A REVELATION!!!

Then I went for the 2nd, and it was the usual crap. 3rd, crap. 4th, crap, etc. Not sure what the hell that first fry was, maybe a par cooked fry leaped out of the fryer, sat for 10 minutes on the counter and then fry-boy tossed it back into the oil.

Seriously, it showed me how good these COULD be.

Inexplicable.

3 Likes

Wonder if there is a secret menu for this?

2 Likes