What is your usual In-N-Out order?

28 minutes.

2 Likes

2x1 (2 meat 1 cheese)
No lettuce, no spread
add pickles, chilies, K&M and of course grilled O

I do K&M instead of spread because it’s not that much of a loss to me and it saves 100 calories.

I do 1 less cheese on my double because I don’t really notice its absence and again it saves a lot of calories.

A double single w/o spread is 500 calories w/ grilled onions. Honestly a pretty light meal. Ironically/sadly, INO is a place I eat at when I’m trying to eat healthy lol

There are plenty of more indulgent foods in a similar vein when I want to indulge. If I want a light, low calorie, but filling meal, I go with the INO 2x1

It’s actually pretty hard to find anything on a menu anywhere that’s under 500 calories and qualifies as a satisfying meal.

As for their fries, I rarely order them because like I said I’m usually trying to eat fewer calories when I’m there. But like everyone else I have a take on them.

I really like the flavor of the kennebecs, but you can’t expect an unfrozen fry to have the same crispy outside/pillowy inside, and I don’t know if the slight starch level difference in Kennebecs would allow them to fry up that way even if they were frozen. Extra frying puts a bandaid on the problem but just adds a new level of imperfection without really substantially mitigating the problems it was intended to solve.

6 Likes

How do you know this?

Someone please post a photo review of the 28-minute down fries (and the expression on the face of the driver behind you in the drive-thru as you await your order)…

1 Like

I’m just kidding. Can you imagine what would come out of a 28 minute fry? They’d be like this:

Dead Animal Fries

10 Likes

American binchotan

11 Likes

Hilarious!
You got me big time-
I’m like how the fuck would a 28 min fry taste

2 Likes

Well said!

Haha u got me I was like this guy must be an ex manager at in n out or something.

2 Likes

… did it. Added avocado supplement, freshly ground black pepper, too.
#FriedEggFriday #NationalCheeseburgerDay #In-N-OutSmash

13 Likes

Does this count as replating?

1 Like

Replating your arteries, but in a good cause.

4 Likes

#baller

As an In ‘n’ Out loyalist and purist, this rubs me the wrong way… Did it taste better with these fixin’s, @J_L?

1 Like

Yes indeed; it’s been my In-N-Out routine (when I bring it home).

I totally get why purists wouldn’t like seeing this sort of thing. For the record, when I’m eating it in the car, I take it as it comes, and I don’t mess with the personal add-ons as I would otherwise do at home.

1 Like

Well, since we’re talking about customized In-N-Out, my latest is this (which might rate a separate thread, but anyway): I’ve discovered a California flavor of my youth – the XLNT Chili Brick (I think they just call it XLNT Chili these days). Comes in the freezer and available in limited parts of the Southwest – SoCal, parts of NoCal, Vegas, Phoenix, etc. You can also get their tamales, which I haven’t tried yet – well, since about 1968 in any case. So I went to In-N-Out, ordered a Double-Double, no lettuce, no tomato, no spread, extra grilled onion, chopped raw onion, extra toast (to avoid sogginess) and NOTHING ELSE.

Raced home with it, where S.O. had some of the chili brick heating on the stove. This is concentrated chili with meat, no beans, and the orange grease of the sixties. I spooned some into the burger, and it was the best double-chili-cheese with onions that I’d had in as long as I can remember, if ever. Two hours later I was belching 1964 – sorry for that TMI. Highly recommended. Don’t use too much chili though – this is dense, heavy stuff. My mom used to “cut” it with canned pinto beans because eating a bowl of that stuff straight might just kill you. There’s nothing “haute cuisine” about this; it’s just a repeat of a great memory from my childhood – something good that hasn’t changed one bit. Much like Fritos, which, come to think of it, go quite well with this chili.

XLNT has been around since 1894, BTW.

17 Likes

Nice mod!

1 Like

Brick chili is amazing. Have you ever just put it over steamed rice with scrambled eggs and hot dog?

3 Likes

Haven’t tried any of those. However, I think it would make for a great chili dog, and I wouldn’t have to race out to InO to do that. I’d go with Fork in The Road hot dogs from the 'Hole, in keeping with the “flavors of my youth” theme. Thanks!

I thinned mine out with oil and water lol! Got it to the viscosity of Pinks. Slathered on some casing hot dogs and yum!!!

Gotta try this on in-n-out.

Btw, similar chili can be bought from Original Tommy’s at the restaurants and online.

3 Likes