What Market has a wide variety of Mushrooms?

oyster, lobster, lion’s mane etc…

1 Like

Lions mane is going to be Whole Foods.

Otherwise, my favorite place to get mushrooms is Korean Markets. Especially for Oyster (King, Mini, Fancy) and Japanese varieties.

2 Likes

What’s a good market close to MidCity?

The new Whole Foods on La Cienega and Jefferson. Also, you may be surprised by the variety they carry at Sprouts on La Brea and San Vincente.

Well I saw mushroom head.

Most farmer’s market has mushroom vendors. Cerritos and Long Beach both have a mushroom vendor weekly selling oyster and lion’s mane mushrooms. I think there’s more but I’m never weekly enough to see the selection.

that Japanese market off Venice Blvd. has a big assortment. They had lobster mushrooms. they were very expensive. Do they taste like lobster?

1 Like

the good ones do indeed!

1 Like

Hollywood FM

1 Like

Just got back from the farmers market on Melrose Place. Amazing selection of mushrooms

1 Like

Whole Foods has a pretty good variety. This was the Brea location so I can imagine equal or better quality in LA.

2 Likes

I finally found lobster mushrooms at Mitsuwa

Can’t wait to try them. Thinking of making a pasta recipe. Any ideas would be appreciated.

7 Likes

I had lobster mushrooms that were pan fried in wagyu fat at Shibumi and they were SO good.

4 Likes

Mushroom in general often shine in simple risottos - pretty sure lobster mushroom would be excellent with a risotto

2 Likes

Matsutake mushrooms are cheaper this year (the ones from Oregon)… Due to the abundant rainfall last winter, I’m told.

2 Likes

Where can we find these discounted matsutakes?

Didn’t check price but Nijiya on Sawtelle has lots in stock at least yesterday they did

Local Japanese supermarkets (second hand info… I will effort to check for myself in a few days’ time).

2 Likes

these shits tasted fishy. lol

2 Likes

Marukai on pico for sure

2 Likes