What's At Your Local Farmers Market? A Look At Fresh Veggies, Fruits, Meats, Nuts and More [Thoughts + Pics]

They’re not super sweet yet but the texture is there.

1 Like

Peaches aren’t usually great until June. I personally don’t think about them until after Apricots short season

But then I still don’t really think strawberries have hit peak season yet either

1 Like

Yeah Regier is only there Wednesday. You can definitely hold off on getting peaches right now as we’re still a ways away from peak season.

1 Like

Was surprised to see Harry’s strawberries at my local Albertsons yesterday. $15 a pack.

1 Like

That actually doesn’t seem like a half bad price…

Way better than the $20+ they charge at Bristol Farms.

2 Likes

For the Gaviotas? Not bad at all.

1 Like

Another thin and watery batch last week. I’m staying away from Harry’s for now.

2 Likes

They don’t grow in California, so legally they can’t be sold at a certified farmers market. Other wild alliums might show up.

I did see them the other week at Eataly ($30+/lb)

1 Like

Recently the strawberries from local Oceanside and Carlsbad farms have been very good. Finally got a vendor with some nice looking and tasting cherries (from somewhere north of Merced, surprising they came down to SD). Some SD local farms have got delicious tomatoes already.

17 Likes

Gorgeous!

1 Like

Torrance farmers market

Tamai strawberries very sweet

Ken’s top notch white peaches and nectarines looks like still early season. Good but not peak season sweet.

Cherry purveyor they were not bad but we love rainier cherries

Also bought some herbs from mr thao.

Arnett had plums and other stone fruit and I saw a few stands with pretty solid tomatoes

13 Likes

Went crazy! Strawberries from Oceanside, Carlsbad and San Luis Obispo. Wonderful.

Cherries from Central Valley—the Rainiers were so good!

My first stone fruit of the season and it’s still a bit away but not bad.

The baguettes were a terrific surprise, from Chaumain bakery in OC.

8 Likes

New video on Harry’s Berries

3 Likes

Not LA or even CA but our Seattle farmers market this morning had local asparagus and morels!!!

10 Likes

Jealous!

Oh yeah. I broke my ankle three months ago and thought I could ‘scooter’ through the market but tired quickly. So sent my favorite husband to peruse the vendors. So I was drooling when he returned.

2 Likes

Does that mean your less favorite husband has fish duty at Pike’s? :grin:

1 Like

LOL. I’ve married him twice and he’s still my favorite and only husband :slight_smile:

I’ve been trying to figure out the best day, turisto-wise, to go to Pike Place Market.

2 Likes