What's cookin'?

That sounds so flavorful. Great combos. Thanks.

Pasticcio with pappardelle, ham, asparagus, bechamel, Gruyère. Good, but would have been better with two bunches of asparagus.

3 Likes

Sourdough loaves 3 & 4.

11 Likes

love that blistering!

1 Like

Healthy can also taste good :stuck_out_tongue: :yum: or at least it did tonight.

Halibut + Black Caviar Lentil Salad + Sauteed Kale w/Shallot & Garlic. And that piece of halibut was not as ginormous as it looks in the photo.

7 Likes

Something to go with cornbread: bacon, fresh red onion, fresh garlic, espelette, carrots, Pomi, kidney beans, red chard greens, and onion broth.

2 Likes

Best use yet for sourdough starter discard…crackers.

I’m happy with the results. They’re crispy and the flavor is good.

13 Likes

1 Like

• kidney bean and corn stew with ras el hanout
  • beet greens with garlic
  • purée of carrost, crimson lentils, leftover poondu kulambu, and yogurt

first Chioggia beets of the season

Esterhazy sauce: sautée fresh white onion, carrots, Tokyo turnips,and Chioggia beets (all from our CSA boxes) in butter, add salt, cover, let sweat until done, take off heat, add sour cream, horseradish, and black pepper, correct salt if necessary. This is a great time of year for this dish as the vegetables are all so vibrant and sweet.

Served with leftover rib roast and boiled new potatoes.

1 Like

What’s that meat? It looks super.

That was a ribeye for two from Cream Co.

pork chop with mushroom and cream pan sauce, collard and beet greens, mashed turnips with a little potato for body

1 Like

pizza rustica with Journeyman ham, Hobbs’ pepperoni, Bellwether ricotta, Reggiano, and brick mozzarella

2 Likes

Damn that looks delicious

I forgot to mention the beet greens.

I didn’t have any suitable meat, so this kimchi jjigae was almost vegetarian.

We got these insanely aromatic but tart greengages in a CSA box. The torte was so good we almost ate it all before I remembered to take a photo. This recipe is definitely a keeper. I used a 10-inch pan, left out the cinnamon, seemed like it would overpower the flavor of the plums. It’s a very, very stiff batter, took some work to spread it evenly in the pan.

3 Likes

The torte looks delicious. How do you think it would work with apricots?

People have made it with all sorts of things. See the comments on the first link. Certainly any kind of stone fruit would be good. For my taste, the very sweet cake needs to be offset by tart fruit. If I had fruit that was not tart, I’d probably make a clafoutis instead.

1 Like

Thank you, may have to give it a go…

More or less this:

3 Likes