What's good or close to laugh factory?

Thanks for the explanation!

I tried to get them to go to Luv2Eat, don’t like thai, it might be too spicy. I tried to get them to go to mozza but they can’t eat flour. I tried to get them to go to golden state, no flour. They want to go to the farmers market/grove. damn tourists.

You don’t need to eat flour at Chi Spacca.

1 Like

Yes, sadly, WLA is not Vernice or WeHo, but there are good meals to be had.
Shunji is the bomb, Belle Vie is a WLA highlight, and Kato has its charms.
Upper West is a lively bar with some good dishes (but lots of bad ones).
Monte Alban/Juquila are fine.
Echigo lunch special is a bargain.
Popcorn Chicken’s Beef noodle soup.
Brentwood and WLA are kissing cuzins (Farmshop, Bottlefish, Forma, Takao, Pizzana, Sor Tino)
Bel Air Bar and Grill is an overlooked gem that you might like (I do).
And there a new British Pub on Pico I need to try.
Jon and Vinny’s is coming but probably already out of reservations for the first decade.
The Wellesbourne on Pico has very fine cocktails and edible, greasy drinking food.

2 Likes

How is Echigo? It’s been a while since i’ve been.

Cross street? Partner loves England and likes beer, so I assume British pub will be a hit…

I think @CiaoBob must mean The Stalking Horse, right next to Rancho Park.

But like most things, I could and probably am wrong

1 Like

Lunch special is solid and a great deal - though it may be some of the gnarliest knife work I’ve ever seen.

Looks like the Hulk cut it with his teeth. But tasty!

Cannot speak to the rest of the menu or other times of day.

1 Like

Yes.
Anyone been?

Hah! training the new guy to cut fish at lunch :wink:

Damn! just looked up the lunch special 14$ that is a good deal.

Hulk Smash.

At least he’s consistent.

1 Like

For a certain type of person WLA must be absolutely grand as it has Shunji, Mori, and N/Naka are all clustered into it. What a life it would be to just eat at one of those three places each night!

I didn’t realize WLA extends down to Belle Vie. Actually looking at Google Maps for the area that WLA covers, it appears that Pizzana is technically in WLA, not Brentwood! Apparently that little strip fo San Vicente it’s on is listed as being WLA!

Been there. Meh food. Waiting for their brewmeister to perfect their signature product before I go back.

Good thing as I always stick to my Marty’s order of a Combo with chili and pastrami, washed down with a large Horchata Bang. Then hibernate for 6 hours.

Attaboy. Maintaining that street cred!

They have potted shrimp! I may have to drop by for a visit.

If it wasn’t for FTC I would have never mixed Orange Bang! and Horchata.

Would Horchata Bang be considered a Suicide? If so probably the best. I find lemon-lime soda mixed with any “fruit” flavor soda to be a solid Suicide.

Just to reply to OP
vivoli is across the street. It’s not wonderful enough to drive to as a destination but perfectly fine if you’re in the neighborhood.
Pan- Italian with some Tuscan specialties given the neighborhood . I’ve enjoyed it Fine as a local place. Good service and very convenient to the laugh factory. You will only have to drive and park once.

Menu for dinner:http://www.vivolicafe.com/dinner

1 Like

Is this really something people do?

We be kah-razy mofos…