What's good or close to laugh factory?

I live in the neighborhood. The only places in the vicinity that I frequent are Connie and Ted’s and Zankou.

Drove by the old Gardens of Taxco the other night and shed a tear at its darkness. It’s as if my sadness was borrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnn in the sauce…

My friends took me to Greenblatt’s last year. I really enjoy the fact that you can get a decent pastrami sandwich at any time of the day. Langer’s hours are hard for me to keep working/living out in the 'burbs.

Almost impossible really.

If Langer’s were open until 2 AM, I would go more often.

Greenblatt’s is a kind of unsung hero of pastrami in LA.

1 Like

While it has been around “forever” now, a nice neighborhood spot is Nook Bistro in WLA.

is there a Zankou close to the Laugh Factory? I can only think of the one on Sunset near Normandie which is miles away.

THANKS. just looked it up. I live off laurel canyon and never went to that location. Good to know. According to the website the one at Normandie and Sunset is under different ownership. Tasted fine to me.

Yeah, I have had the roast chicken and tarna at each Sunset location numerous times and have found no discernible difference. Right down to the garlic sauce. And super nice to have one close to home.

Hi Y’all!

Need a last minute rec for a late lunch (3:30p) close to the Laugh Factory. The person asking for the rec is a steak/meat lover. They love Gwen, so if they’re asking for a rec I’m assuming they want someplace different. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

1 Like

petit trois l’original?
oui melrose
irv’s burgers

2 Likes

Pizzeria Vivoli

1 Like

Connie and Ted’s ?

1 Like

Sadly, Greenblatt’s, which was right next to the Laugh Factory, is no longer an option. In addition to Petit Trois, Bludo’s, Hugo’s or Superba Food & Bread Hollywood would also still be serving at that time, and, if the late lunch is for today, Norah’s would be open as well. Connie & Ted’s closes at 3:00 to prepare for dinner service.

1 Like

Additionally, walking distance Pace Joint (the owners of pace up laurel canyon) italian. Norah a little further would probably be my choice relatively easy parking the neighborhoods during the day.

Jon and Vinnys, Sweet Chick, and bottega louie all relatively in the area.

1 Like

A lot of excellent recs I didn’t think of. They pulled the trigger early-on with the Petit Trois rec. A little out of the way coming south from the SGV but they loved the menu. Thanks once again, everyone, for making me look like the restaurant oracle!

4 Likes

Pace Joint came up in searches but I didn’t know anything about. Good addition to the thread revival!

1 Like

Cant go wrong with PT!

1 Like