Where are they now?

You sure about that? Because just a few posts above yours is a bit of back-and-forth mocking CS99 and his/her writing style, someone who apparently hasn’t posted here in nearly a year.

I’m actually not particularly interested in the details or giving the “bullying” above any more life because as far as I’m concerned, I’m here to read and post about good food, not play in the preschool sandbox. CS99 contributed quite a lot to this site as well as CH back in the day in terms of food reports and intel, and IMO it’s such a fucking shame that yet again a mountain was made out of a molehill and now we on FTC are all the losers as a result of something that petty.

1 Like

…and got a lot out of it too.

6 Likes

Hmmm,…you may be right.
From his writings on CH back in the days I had always thought exilekiss was Japanese or his “expertise” leaned more into Japanese food. But I might be misremembering since it has been a long time.

3 Likes

LOL this is an amazing post

5 Likes

Okay, for the people in the back who apparently did not hear or understand what I meant when I wrote:

I do NOT want/need/care to receive PMs containing unsolicited paparazzi-in-the-bushes pictures unmasking FTCers that were clearly taken and shared without their knowledge and/or consent. Quite frankly that is fucking creepy as hell and only reflects quite poorly on you for having behaved in such a way.

…and no, we both know damn well that these were not sent because I referred to a poster as “him/her” and you thought it was somehow vitally important for some unarticulated reason that I know without any doubt the public-facing gender expression of the poster in question. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Soft and fluffy too

5 Likes

Chowseeker1999 was the Michael Jordan of Food Boards.

For me EatTheWorld is the Kobe.

4 Likes

Food board is serious business!

5 Likes

Sigh. I had never met Servorg, but I will always picture him on a bike.

While there are a ton of similarities, I actually think there’s just enough difference in writing style (but not type of reporting) and word choice/diction to indicate they are 2 separate people. But who knows?

3 Likes

Chowseeker1999 complained of being harassed by another poster but as moderator I couldn’t see that that was the case.

The author of exilekiss.blogspot.com is definitely the same person. Most if not all of Chowseeker1999’s opening posts here that have been replaced with the word “duplicate” are on that blog.

4 Likes

I think there is no doubt they are the same especially with the forensics posted above.

It is sad that so many posters are so sensitive to a little humor/ribbing (or whatever else) ticked them off, that they have to remove themselves but I do appreciate that many people have thinner skins than I do. I miss @Chowseeker1999 and @ipsedixit quite a bit and do occasionally lurk on HO to see what they are up to.

I know CS99 got quite upset with me because of fly-gate and smog-wash. C’est la vie.

9 Likes

People’s writing styles evolve while key elements remain.

4 Likes

Sycophany
Obsequiousness

4 Likes

…but not genuine.

4 Likes

Perhaps I am just very jealous because he very rarely added @CiaoBob to his run on lists of people who need to try something. He was too busy adding @TheCookie all the time :joy:

15 Likes

Well said; I agree completely, which if I recall correctly we even discussed briefly during the Szechuan Food Festival by Hop Woo Restaurant back in 2018.

3 Likes

Haha… I didn’t get any reciprocation out of the deal. He mostly ignored my reports except to throw the occasional shade. You had mosquito-gate. I had Majordomo-gate.

8 Likes

Can you clarify? FTC wasn’t created until Fall 2015, but the last post on exile kiss’s blog is from 2011.

1 Like

I guess I’m confused. I thought when Chowseeker1999 was replacing posts with “duplicate” I found them posted somewhere else and assumed that was it.

Chowseeker today posted about Connie & Ted’s. I always read his posts. Cover to cover.

1 Like