Where should I eat this Friday on the West Side?

Hoping you can think of a place without reservations challenges. Happy to eat at the bar as well.

My favorites: Citrin, Pasjoli, Rustic Canyon, Tar and Roses, Cassia, Izakaya Hero
Catch Jazz trio at the bar at Hotel Bel Air (7-10pm)

1 Like

Birdie G’s

2 Likes

Assuming you mean dinner and not lunch, Charcoal in addition to the above.

1 Like

Seconded

1 Like

Pasjoli. Rustic Canyon.

Charcoal’s high on my list of places to try. I’d go there.

2 Likes

worth mentioning that Birdie G’s now has an excellent happy hour. And Charcoal’s is probably the best in town.

3 Likes

Many of the restaurants people have named will have reservations issues. Colapasta won’t.

3 Likes

How far west are you going to be? I always like grabbing something on Sawtelle when I’m over there. Gjusta if you’re all the way west.

Will be alone? W/ a group?

Love this place, but you do need to make a reservation (esp on a Friday).

Second Colapasta.

Be aware of parking issues, should you decide to go to Gjusta or Sawtelle (further north on Sawtelle but below Santa Monica Blvd. is usually better).

Bar seating at Pasjoli, Citrin, Cassia, Rustic Canyon is possible.

Boys night out. I booked Birdie G for now. Glad to hear about the happy hour.

4 Likes

I’ll throw Hatchet Hall into the mix too they have a great outdoor setup. Birdie Gs is a great choice though, especially if you catch the happy hour before your reservation. Their extended patio seating is also pretty good and possible a little more intimate depending on what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

HH is a bigtime west side favorite of mine, though not the outside.

Have you been during the pandemic with their expanded patio into the former parking lot?

1 Like

Yes we did that last time. I’m just not down. Paying 300 to and being in the outside is unatractive to me. There are very few exceptions like Little Door where we’d prefer that. I get it though. They did a good job.

1 Like

typo? Not sure what you are saying here.

FWIW - the tented area of HH was insanely loud last visit. Really hard to converse with our friends.
Food was exceptional though.

Enjoy Birdie G. I liked it last time but found the QPR, “odd” - small portions…big price. Maybe that’s the new norm.

just saying that i dont want to sit outside at a place i consider special… i like the buzz, atmosphere, noise of indoors etc. we’re all different of course. thanks for the qpr heads up.

2 Likes

Alas, I suspect that it is. That was def the case at Taverna. I was thinking of trying Birdie G. based on this thread, but maybe I’ll try HH (have never been to either) and bring some earplugs. @SpockSpork and I can just text each other from across the table. :wink:

2 Likes

Wait… am I being silly letting the Internet know my whereabouts ? If you’re stepping to me be sure to bring a drink

1 Like