Where to buy goose

I’m looking to buy a whole goose to make hk style Bbq goose. Preferably fresh and not frozen. Obviously the more affordable the better. Willing to drive. Any tips appreciated!

Try Peking poultry in Chinatown. Right next to howlin ray

https://m.yelp.com/biz/peking-poultry-los-angeles

3 Likes

If you don’t have you heart set on fresh, Ralph’s and Pavillions will order them for you. Sprouts, too. The cheapest goose I’ve gotten (frozen) in recent years was $85.

While we’re on the subject, does anyone know where to get non-Pekin goose? The kind with a lot of fat to be rendered, European-style.

1 Like

both poultry butchers @ The original Farmers Market 3rd/Fairfax usually have them (Marconda’s Puritan Poultry and Farmers Market Poultry)—especially around the holidays. I would call first to double check.

3 Likes

Peking Poultry is not for the faint of heart (or nose).

For the Chinese, Filipino, and Mexican Grandmas in Chinatown, Echo Park, Lincoln Heights, Highland Park, and Cypress Park this is THE place for all your poultry needs!!

Parking lot is a disaster

2 Likes

My Ralphs had frozen goose in their frozen section the other day. Didn’t look at the price, but it was next to the frozen cornish hens.

1 Like

$85 for a whole goose? holy shit. makes the $18 I paid for a goose quarter in HK seem like a bargain.

1 Like

Hawai’i Supermarket

1 Like