Where to buy leg of lamb in LA?

Was really tough to get lamb this week. Could have splurged obviously at Marconda but tried John’s and 2 Bangladesh places and struck out. Johns only has frozen and Bangla spots had very small NZ ones but i couldn’t get them to sell them to me because both places were too busy breaking down dozens of chickens.

Did you get three steel rods and just tie the tops together to get that tri-pod?
I’m going camping soon and been wanting to slow roast things by the fire pit.

You can get a leg of lamb at Jim’s Fallbrook Meat Market just call ahead of time.

Whole Foods, and believe it or not Ralphs, both carry American lamb now. Saw some nice looking shanks at the Valley Village Whole Foods this week.
Edited because I realized you probably wanted a whole leg, not just the shank.

Yes I think I want the leg. Unless there’s a better/fattier large format cut I should focus on for roasting. What do the Greeks do when they don’t want to do a whole carcass?

Roast leg.

1 Like

How is shoulder to slow roast? Or is it strictly braising / grinding

Recipes for roast shoulder are usually low, slow, and covered, so basically braised.

If you’re ambitious, you can debone and roll it to make a porchetta-like roast.

1 Like

Looks great

Are you saying that a leg marinated and roasted in a lot of oil will dry out of I don’t cover/braise ?

I think he was talking about the lamb shoulder i mentioned…

Roasting (dry heat) is great for leg. I do a dry rub and don’t baste, always turns out great.

I don’t know what the results would be if you roasted a bone-in shoulder. It would be hard to carve.

1 Like

Guys. Go to Sevan or Olive and get the veal chops and the wild boar chops right now!!!

7 Likes