WSGV updates

that’s funny

2 Likes

i regret to inform everyone that xi’an tasty near the intersection of garfield/garvey has shuttered.

Hluk Hogan likes this word, borther.

Or it may be used to describe someone who, in the past, used to question if President Obama’s mother delivered him outside U.S. territory. ;-D

2 Likes

Ho Kee opens second San Gabriel branch, this one on Valley Blvd. on the east side of the San Gabriel Hilton, and called Ho Kee Cart Noodles. Besides their duck noodles, this branch also serves skewers.

1 Like

I’m assuming this is in the former Azabu Sabo space?

1 Like

Correct.

1 Like

speaking of beijing, beijing restaurant also apparently has shuttered for good.,

beijing tasty house now offers outdoor seating. 5-11:30pm

zi wei (that was doing rice noodles) also has shuttered.

Beijing closed the San Gabriel restaurant sometime in late 2019. Their Rowland Heights and Irvine locations are still open, or at least they were the last time I checked.

1 Like

Beijing Restaurant was replaced by Beijing Noodle House late in 2019. Are they still there?

Been binging a little bit on Worth It videos because I am homesick. Noodle episode features Laoxi Noodle House and Dolans. Bistro Na for dessert.

2 Likes

And, strangely, Crustacean

2 Likes

that i couldn’t tell you; the main reason i mentioned beijing restaurant was that i’d bookmarked it as a place to visit and on reviewing the places on my “go visit” list, i’d discovered that they’d closed.

and FWIW, assuming that they’re related and given that the BNH in irvine replaced the beijing restaurant with the same ownership, i would conjecture that the BHN is san gabriel is also a continuation of the same ownership…

no the irvine location is now a BNH as well.

according to their yelp page, they reopened in early october. can anyone confirm this?

Now I’m confused. Yelp still lists the Beijing Restaurant in Irvine as open (on Yale):

…and Beijing Noodle House as at a different location (on Rockfield):

i wish i could tell you where i’d seen that. but i defer to your observations.

ah. i misread a comment by the owner of BNH who identified himself as the previous owner of beijing restaurant in irvine.

there’s a new restaurant at the corner of rosemead & broadway in san gabriel called royal noodle house. looks like a combo chinese/south vietnamese. replaces a… Qbake?

they offer outdoor seating, though that could be moot if they observe the lockdown protocols.

Have at it! Glad to see Ruby BBQ and Jim’s Bakery on the list

2 Likes

Yes, they have a Vietnamese noodle menu and a Hong Kong style entree menu.

Big Softee had a soft opening for their kitchen.

Today they had Sorrowful Rice

5 Likes