WSGV updates

That owner would be George Yu.

Golden Delights opens in a new commercial/residential complex on Garvey Ave. in Rosemead. Separate Chinese and Vietnamese menus.

When did Shakas MP die? Either way, I’m gutted by this development.

1 Like

A nakas? I recall someone bringing me takeout from there once. Good mango BBQ ribs.

The two business partners had a falling out. One of the partners took the name and the recipes. The other kept the business and changed the name to Nakas. This all happened right before the pandemic. They’re trying to make a comeback and trying to stay afloat. Different menus (still Hawaiian or JA type food) and they’re still working on the menu and constantly revising to make it better.
I try to support when I can

1 Like

Tell them to open up in Palmdale. I’ll keep them afloat myself.

2 Likes

Heading into the office in Rosemead to get a new computer tomorrow. What’s the move for quick lunch takeout?

https://www.yelp.com/biz/summer-rolls-rosemead-2

1 Like

yesssss happy it’s still around. I wonder if banh beo travels ok?

Typically sold on styrofoam platters Togo at Vietnamese bakeries so yes they travel well.

1 Like

Update: it is GORGEOUS to go

Oh and it and the lemongrass beef + shrimp summer roll were as great as ever.

7 Likes

One of my ig friends experience lol wut

1 Like

Dim sum places aren’t exactly the greatest for Shanghaiese food. Aside from (obviously) a Shanghaiese place, a Taiwanese places can also do SJB better. Here are my juicy, delicious SJB from a recent trip to You Kitchen (Alhambra)…

9 Likes

I had some shockingly good SJB at Kang Kang Food Court recently, though my experience with them is limited.

Yes, Kang Kang has become almost synonymous with SJB. I wanted to give our intrepid FTCers some options aside from Kang Kang.

5 Likes

Honestly I had no idea; I was taken there by a friend for round 2 after a trip to Yama Seafood (which had almost no line, though still didn’t really feel worth a trip to the SGV even given the QPR). Is anything else at Kang Kang worth trying?

2 Likes

Is that SJB actually green???

1 Like

Kang kang is def a one good stop for me never tried anything else there. The hot and cold dishes look like they sit there for a long long time.

Haha yes.

The zongzi at Kang Kang is perfect for reheating the next day.