WSGV updates

Damn I thought they were only at Rowland now they are UCR, UCLA, and 2 WSGV.

Never got to try them. I know Yunnan Rice Noodles and Lanzhou Pulled Noodles are the 2 big noodle trends lately

1 Like

I believe San Gabriel closed down. They were where Chicken Day opened

Any updates RE: Best Noodle House (Mission & Valley, Rosemead)? I haven’t been in a couple years, as the last time I went the food was nowhere near what it had originally been, and the owner lady was nowhere to be seen. Yelp shows it’s still open, though…

1 Like

When I was doing the SGV updates, I noticed the sudden Yunnan rice noodle trend, first with Ludingji and then Mr. Rice. The Lanzhou noodle mini-boom came after I ceased doing the updates. Both caught me by surprise. Lanzhou noodles picked up right after China Tasty, who were the leaders, closed.

2 Likes

A Me (I think I mistakenly referred to it as Ah Ma before) brings Cantonese food back to the old Tasty Garden Alhambra location.

2 Likes

Lol A Ma would be granny and A Me would be little sister, big difference haha

1 Like

Interestingly Ah Ma is the name of the legal entity but A Me is the name of the restaurant.

Anyone been / have more feedback? Came across a couple of one liner posts about the place.

From February:

3 Likes

Perfect @EattheWorldLA !! And dishes I would have ordered too. That ayam penyet, sayur asem and soto look great. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Ho Kee BBQ & Noodles “replaces” KCY Restaurant (formerly Kim Chuy) in Alhambra. Except that the menu still says KCY and the same lady is there.

2 Likes

Interesting…

Ho Kee is Canto and KC is Chiu Chow-Cambodian

1 Like

Apparently it’s some kind of affiliation where Ho Kee bbq meats are added to the existing menu.

1 Like

Apparently A-Me is run by the original (i.e. sales tax scandal sell off) owner and chef of Tasty Garden.

3 Likes

Biggest return from the dead yet. Yang’s Kitchen in Alhambra reopens after a year’s closure.

5 Likes

How are Ho Kee’s BBQ meats? Cannot imagine as good as Ruby BBQ Food.

All I know is the duck which may be the best.

2 Likes

Mama Lu is opening a new branch in San Gabriel. Interesting since there’s already a Mama’s Dumpling House a few blocks away. I guess they’re totally unaffiliated now.

1 Like

The Northern Cafe phenomenon. #CoexistingWithoutLawyers

1 Like

it’s not unprecedented; golden deli and vietnam house are in two different malls that share the same intersection and are run by siblings. the third sibling runs vietnam restaurant less than a mile to the east of those two locations. and IIRC for a while DTF had an annex to handle overflow.

and there are already two M’s L/M L’s locations fairly close to each other on garvey in MP.