WSGV updates

Spotted a new Thai restaurant coming soon to 4th St in Alhambra

2 Likes

Papa Lu’s Kitchen (??) replaces Three’s Kitchen in Baldwin Park.

Who knew? Lucky City (site of the present day Taste of MP) was a den of drug smuggling, money laundering and human trafficking back in the day.

3 Likes

Mr. Breakfast replaces Chef Geng in Rosemead with a Tianjin leaning menu.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting read

1 Like

Is it unusual for a Thai place to offer that many noodle soup choices? I only ask b/c I wish the Thai places near me would offer more noodle soups… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not too common to see that many Thai noodle soups in SGV!

2 Likes

On San Gabriel Blvd., JCHF Potato Noodle replaces Mr. Right Glass Noodles. Chao’s, the packaged dinner maker on a side street opens a real restaurant branch replacing Hao He Li. And a Cantonese restaurant will open where Dong Lai Shun used to be.

Lake Spring in Monterey Park closes in a week. They brought pork pump to the area some 30 years ago and managed to survive until now.

1 Like

I will miss them.

1 Like

JCHF Potato Noodle in San Gabriel replaces Mr. Right.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkGjVSDpfsE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

That’s a place I liked until we had a🪳 experience.

As a follow up to my update on Yummeet Hunan Restaurant opening up in the iconic Quanjude Beijing Duck location in Rosemead, I just found a shot of the old Quanjude Beijing Duck website. The original file was all of 4KB! (Click to enlarge.)

4 Likes

Embassy Kitchen in San Gabriel making a U-turn? The marvelous Hong Kong style restaurant closed down a few years ago because the space was to be replaced by a shopping center. That never happened so new owners bought the restaurant and brought in a chef from the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong to restore the quality. However now the new chef may now be gone.

5 Likes

i had dim sum there this morning, which was OK, but i can’t comment on the QPR because someone else treated me, and on the way out of the parking lot i noticed that a new dim sum place is replacing the recently evacuated pho banh mi che cali across the street. i want to say that the banner read something along the lines of ‘yin sang dim sum’.

1 Like

I tried Hong Kong Dim Sum House recently and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. The dim sum was fresh, tasty and more reasonably priced than Lunasia. It’s a small unassuming location, however the family that runs it is very friendly and very service oriented as well. I will definitely go back again

3 Likes

Mystery restaurant replaces X X Tea in Alhambra. Old exterior signage is still up and menu, cash register receipt and even restaurant English language website only show Chinese name, which Romanizes to Fu Xiang Yuan. Google does call it Min Min Pie House.

1 Like

Got the spicy wonton, duck wings, and smoked fish fry noodles at Bund’s Cuisine today. Smoked fish was pretty good, crispy and sweet, but not sure where the smoke is. Duck wings were okay and the wontons were a little dry. The proprietors were very nice and the space is bright and clean. Worth going back and trying other things. #SmallBusinessSaturday

Trump Card Roast Fish finally replaces Uniboil in Atlantic Times Square in Monterey Park. This is a branch of San Gabriel’s Liu Roast Fish.

the renovation of sun nong dan in san gabriel was completed and they’ve re-opened for business. all the DIY BBQ at the table infrastructure was removed and there are now a lot of smaller tables to facilitate a lot more 4 person groupings.

1 Like