Youtiao ~ Where is your favorite?

Cold leftover Chinese crullers or yiao tiao is as tasty as eating a stick of frozen margarine as if was a popsicle.

1 Like

Is that good or bad?

It’s fantastic if you like margarine.

Oh my… The soy milk and yeow tiao at Little Fatty is now off the chain good!!!

Just had some. Chef David still respects the yeow tiao, but “churro-izes” them a bit just on the top - These babies are born to be dunked into the Little Fatty soy milk. So fantastic!

Also try the nicely made radish cakes (luo buo gao) while there. Spot on, and on the Westside.

Ms. Chi, take note…

4 Likes

Tried the youtiao at Four Sea in Hacienda Heights this morning. Crispy, fluffy, light on the grease.

Also recommend the fantuan with all the fillings, curdled soy milk, and black sesame egg yolk pastry.

5 Likes

Not a huge fan of pickled veggies, but the rest of the meal sounds righteous. :slight_smile:

OOE breakfast :smile:

Phnom Penh Noodle Shack

Thanks @ipsedixit. What else do you recommend there? :slight_smile:

The Noodle soups and stir fried noodles

1 Like

The Chluy Bowl (which is kuy teav with quail eggs, beef intestine and pork rinds) and the Pork Porridge (which is congee with pork liver, pork blood and a couple of other offal swine items I’m blanking on).

Any of the breads are also good, including the aforementioned cha quai

1 Like

Phnom Penh Noodle Shack, youtiao is hands down one of the best. Absolutely no grease, airy, warm, fresh, slight hint of sweet. I think I mentioned that on my review