Amazing Salmon Belly, Oil-Cured Sardines, Lox, Herring and Rockin' Breakfast! - Gjusta

Hah! Someone has to do some recon and see if they have a regular schedule when bakery stuff comes out or gets refreshed!

1 Like

Hi @bulavinaka,

Darn bummed you missed the amazing Paris Brest, but I guess you had to “settle” on the Carrot Cake (which is still my favorite!). :wink:

1 Like

I took my frustration out on Mister Carrot Cake - no longer to be heard from…:yum:

2 Likes

That trickster Paris Brest has still illuded me. One day…

1 Like

Loki Paris Brest?? :wink:

2 Likes

Had a great meal today again at Gjusta. Damn that porchetta butcher has eluded me until today, mainly because I wasn’t too impressed with the porchetta melt. WOW was this insanely good, almost to the level of the prime rib butcher IMO. The parsley oil mixture had the right amount of herbaceous flavor to enhance the pork flavor. And the finely grated horseradish was just perfect. The crispy cracklins they added was another crunch in addition to their excellent baguette.

Had a smoked fish plate which was awesome as usual. To note, the octopus was excellent today, other times it was sort of meh.

Grabbed a kabocha bundt cake, great sweet and bitter flavors and awesome texture.

Also, has anyone had the croque madame? A couple of people got it near me today and it looked fantastic. They use, what looks like their own pastrami. Definitely going to try it next time, unless someone here thinks otherwise.

3 Likes

Hi @A5KOBE,

So glad you liked the Porchetta Butcher. I can’t believe you’ve never tried it yet. :slight_smile:

Yes, we’ve tried the Croque Madame before. It’s in Update 6 above. :wink: Loved it. They use their own Housemade Ham (not too salty), the Mornay Sauce was perfect with it. It was quite good. :slight_smile:

Did they have the Hazelnut Paris Brest when you went? You have to try it.

Damn I forgot about the Paris brest. I think they had them too but I simply forgot😱.

Thanks for the croque madame intel, I’ll check.

I guess I’ll have to go back to Gjusta ASAP.

2 Likes

Hi @A5KOBE,

Yah, I know it’s such a “pain” to go back to Gjusta yet again. :wink: But definitely try the Paris Brest when you can. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me as well, so I too (mistakenly, it appears) skipped the Porchetta Butcher. Must rectify that.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to get an “appetizer” of the Prime Rib Butcher to go along with the Porchetta Butcher. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I will second the Croque Madame at Gjusta. Expertly done and each component is great all by itself.
I usually get a bialy with smoked fish if I’m there for breakfast, but I never feel like I’m missing out when ordering the Croque Madame.

3 Likes

I waited one hour the last time I went to Gjusta (Memorial Day; 40 minutes for my number to be called and 20 minutes after for the food). Had the falafel sandwich and a small fish plate. Worth it!

3 Likes

I just returned myself. I should’ve known better than to go on Sunday way after opening. 20 minutes until my number was called. Almost an hour for my order to be done. Four sandwiches and two salads from the case.

And no smoked fish. None.

Hi @bulavinaka,

Wow, totally sold out of their Smoked Fish case? :open_mouth: Crazy. Must be because kids are out of school and everyone’s celebrating? :slight_smile:

I forgot to ask why the case was completely empty (just wanted out of the place) but it seems kind of suspect that the whole case was empty except for serving boards with nothing on them. Just wierd - don’t ever recall seeing this.

Maybe the refrigeration wasn’t working properly and they didn’t want to ruin their fish. Or poison their customers. Either which.

1 Like

Could be - nice thinking.

Or “poisson” them, for that matter.

5 Likes