Anyone tried Pasta Sisters? Looks GOOD!

Did Pasta Sisters get written up by Anthony Bourdain or something??

I tried to go by at 3pm today thinking that it’d be wham bam thank you ma’am since they close at 3:30pm, but the place was heavinggg. I waited in line for a bit, but then I overheard the redheaded Pasta Brother say that the wait for food would be an hour. Holy cow. I couldn’t wait that long, so I peaced down Pico to Gus’s.

Glad they’re doing well, but I had no idea it was like that.

My white whale.

3 Likes

Wow, there was no line when i went, but that was pre-buzzfeedvideo. I guess the damn hipsters are on to it now.

Ah, I totally missed that Buzzfeed video that you posted. The dots have been connected.

The crowd would not have looked out of place on Fairfax, if that makes sense. Not exclusively hipster, but there were a fair share fur sure.

1 Like

delete.

Don’t you mean damn hamsters?

1 Like

[quote=“President_Mochi, post:63, topic:2778”]
Overheard the redheaded Pasta Brother say that the wait for food would be an hour.
[/quote]Well… there goes that little find. Shit!

Glad for the new customers, they deserve it.

Such a sweet and warm family.

1 Like

Might be a bit more crowded with this article that ran in the LA Weekly!

http://www.laweekly.com/restaurants/pasta-sisters-is-poised-to-become-las-spaghetti-star-7601443

1 Like

Nooo! Someone else just posted another piece about them. I think it was a video? I’m happy for Pasta Sisters. They deserve the success. But sad for us. It’s going to be even more crowded. I guess we can say we knew them when…

“you probably won’t want to linger too long…”

The best part, besides the food, is speaking with the owners about their food, and family. Getting to know them and taking an interest. The intimacy of a small space at Pasta Sisters allowed me to do that. A lot of times the conversations leads to special/off the menu dishes/samples or local recommendations.

Edit: Yes what Bob said, fresh pasta should be eaten right away!

There’s still andare and cento pasta bar, doesn’t look like the damn hamsters have discovered them… yet.

1 Like

It sounds good and I am sure I would love to eat at one of the few tables and chairs, but I do not understand the appeal of take home pasta dishes at all. I want to eat my pasta immediately after cooking – with appropriate cheese and/or pepper and/or salt added when piping hot – not have it placed in an aluminum or Styrofoam container and carted off to be eaten after it congeals into a pasta “brick.”

4 Likes

Yes, I guess that’s true. I haven’t been to those two yet, so can’t compare. But I do like the charm of the sisters and the bossy pasta brother. Plus they’re an easier shot from my home. Oh well…

I thought the same thing when I saw all the people coming and going with take-out orders. Maybe we got lucky. But we had no problem getting seats.

Glad to see they’re killin i! I hope they give photo credit in the LA Weekly piece to our photographer

Actually it turns out they didn’t pay for usage of that photo!

Hipsters be damned here? They are no fools - QUIT POSTING YOUR PIX. :wink:

2 Likes

so copyright infringement?

Technically yes

Is there a lawyer in the house?

1 Like