Banned from Chowhound?

I concur.

1 Like

A tip for anyone who has been banned: if you had the “always See All” option enabled, it’s off. To see a whole long topic you must go to the bottom of the page each time you load a topic (pressing End works for me) and click the See All button.

I’m very thankful for Ipse and overjoyed that he’s the mod. Mr. nom de guerre may be not so bad in real life, but completely bombastic online. I suppose we were all young once and unwilling to back down from our totally correct opinions/beliefs (at the time) but it’s tiresome as an adult.

That nasty ham dip is everywhere.

A year ago I wrote something similar, i.e., tell me just what I did. You’re a rock star so maybe they’ll answer you. They do expect a little groveling…which I wasn’t good at :smile:

No answer so far. I don’t expect one because I didn’t do anything outside the guidelines.

1 Like

what cracks me up is that you have to repeat their email VERBATIM to get reinstated. Smacks of college hazing where you have to repeat the secret oath to be allowed in.

1 Like

If it were on a satire site, it would be hilarious. Because it’s not, it’s cringe-worthy.

1 Like

aw, Thank you!!

Oh yeah. I tried once to say ‘okay, the time is up and I’d like to be reinstated.’ Didn’t work.

Trolling behavior . I was banned for that . What the fuck is trolling ? I was never given a explanation . I have trolled for salmon while fishing . I know what that is .

2 Likes

I wouldn’t even talk to a naughty 5 yr old that way…

1 Like

What a goddamn traveshamockery that site has turned into.

Though I did a hell of a lot more browsing than posting, I’ve been around long enough to watch it go to shit … this last bit of supernova redesign I’m betting is CH’s last gasping breath.

I understand the mods - by edict from Georges et al - may be placed in a difficult spot, but they could do their “job” without resorting to condescension.

And that ain’t no joke (kevin!!!111!!! ™)

1 Like

I had to sign up just so I could like that post!

2 Likes

That’s hilarious!!! It sounds JUST like what I’d tell my kids when they were small and I’d put them in “time out” – something along the lines of, “Now you go sit on the time out chair and think about what you’ve done that was naughty. When you’re ready, come to me and we’ll talk about it.”

1 Like

SHEEEESH!!! Not only did they ban me, they never even left me a note telling me to gather my belongings and leave. All I did was leave a note for FriedClamFanatic telling him where we’re all hanging out these days. :grinning:

Wow, even I have not been banned (yet). Thanks for telling FCF though!

I don’t know if he ever got the message.

They also removed a post I left yesterday asking if the header on the Food Media board was still accurate. The header reads “Weigh in on TV shows, blogs, podcasts, magazines and newspapers, recipe sites, and any other food-related media that’s out there.” Someone had asked why I asked the question; I replied that although food-related websites met the definition of “food-related media”, any mention of other food websites was quickly eradicated and whoever posted the message was quickly eradicated as well.

4 Likes

Good Lord. What’s next, air-brushing people out of photographs? It’s like the Soviet censorship system over there.

3 Likes

Another peculiarity of having one’s account suspended is that all topics appear as unread.

Not a big issue given how little traffic there is, at least on the SF board, which is the only one I followed regularly.