Bestia - Arts District

bone marrow gnochetti

2 Likes

Second this!

1 Like

Chicken liver pate, mussels in spicy nduja, cavatelli norcina.

3 Likes

Just had another amazing dinner at Bestia.

PSA: There’s a 9pm ressy open for party of 4 for this Friday on Opentable. Go get it!

1 Like

Going here on Friday with some friends. I will need to review this tread…and hopefully, be able to convince my dining companions to order all the must haves.
Bone marrow gnochetti and chicken liver pate are definitely on my list.

3 Likes

nice, will this be your first time? i really like the lobster crostino, calamari alla plancha, mussels and clams, cavatelli, and if you like the key lime pie at fwd get the frozen meyer lemon meringue tartlet.

pro tip: if you get a pizza save some of the crust to dip into your leftover spicy broth from the mussels and clams. so good.

1 Like

It will be my first time…along with my friends. I think that I can convince them to order most, if not all, of your suggestions. Your wisdom will be heeded. There are 4 of us, so I think we may be able to swing a pizza.

3 Likes

agreed with @PorkyBelly, the musts for me are the mussels and clams and the cavatelli.

2 Likes

Pate, mussels and clams nduja, and cavatelli.

Also get a pizza and save room for their delicious desserts.

Not as hyped on the bone marrow gnochetti but if it’s your first time get it!

1 Like

Thanks, @PorkyBelly, @Hungrydrunk and @hungryhungryhippos! We heeded most of your sage advice…one my companions had been to Bestia before and suggested a couple of items she loved from her last trip.
The food was quite good. I thought the flavors were great and each dish was conceptualized and executed well. If I lived or worked in the area, I would be more than happy to come by for drinks and snacks. I particularly liked the service…pacing was great, menu knowledgeable, wine (we each brought bottles from our own collections) and water free-flowing…we felt well-taken care of. I’m glad we were out on the patio, the restaurant seemed a tad stuffy (airflow compromised by high concentration of bodies).
Highlights were exactly what you suggested. The pâté, lobster crostini, bone marrow gnocchetti, mussels & clams, and lemon tart were spectacular.

10 Likes

Delicious. What’s the second one (black pasta) and the last dessert?

Cacao agnolotti with braised oxtail.
Butterscotch coconut tart.

1 Like

Anyone want a reso for 2 this Friday at 8pm?
I can’t make it. Let me know.

1 Like

Has anyone tried the Bestia To Go? Does it include reheating instructions? It’s not clear on their site and from pictures on Instagram most don’t show anything, though I did find one picture from early last month that showed instructions.

I have not but Bavel does give heating instructions so my guess is bestia does too

1 Like

Thanks! I ended up going with Bavel anyways because they had better time slots so that is good to know. Hopefully I’ll be able to confirm myself another time for Bestia should this delivery thing continue into the next phase of lockdown. Thanks again!

Yup, reheating instructions are included. I had Bestia takeout two weeks ago.

1 Like

7/1
https://www.instagram.com/p/CB1jedKBYJI/?hl=en

I made a reservation for August. Same old Bestia. I like the restaurant, but it wouldn’t crack my top 25 LA restaurants. I always wonder why people like it so much. Osteria Mozza is way better IMO and not so hard to get reservations.