Filet o Hashbrown

This is my favorite FTC board. High fives all around.

4 Likes

You should ask for it topped with a egg .

2 Likes

FoHB, well-done HB (thx @catholiver and @CeleryVictor for that) , with my Frank’s Extra Hot.

For me it was sheer awesomeness, though I love hot sauce. The crunchy well-done hash brown was totally a game-changer.

Check it…

9 Likes

No, that looks like too much!!! You will spoil the delicate balance of curious processed homogenous-ness that makes the sandwich so special! :wink:

BTW, I’m seriously upset that @catholiver didn’t mention the extra crispy thing BEFORE I got it. I was honestly thinking, as I was eating it, that the only thing that would’ve made it better (except for a few DROPS of hot sauce) would’ve been a crispier HB. Next time. :slight_smile:

I don’t go to McD’s often enough, so I’ll have to take your word for it. They certainly are efficient, but there was just a ton of cars. Next time, I plan to see if I can snag a spot at a meter to order inside, although my experience indicates that McD’s prioritizes food prep for the drive thru.

In true West LA style, I saw some person pulling out of a parking spot in their Maserati. Guess the Aston Martin must’ve been in the shop…

3 Likes

I was dinking around cause I could have sworn I’d known about this ‘dish’ for a long time, though have never eaten it. Then saw where ipse talked about in '12 on CH. In the course of my searching I found the deal on the extra crispy. Will be doing that myself before long. C

1 Like

LOL!

Looks like more than there actually was. iPhone bug :slight_smile:

I’m thinking about having them leave off the tartar sauce and bringing my own copycat Orleans & York crack sauce. I do like my Frank’s.

1 Like

I almost pulled into a McD again due to the latest pictures in this thread. It took every ounce of self restraint in my body.

This is dangerous.

4 Likes

Does anybody BYOPAC (bring your own processed american cheese)? I may try this next time to supplement the pathetic half slice.

1 Like

What a let down

1 Like

Bringing? Do you eat inside? It’s like the fast food version of sneaking ketchup into Father’s Office.

1 Like

Request extra cheese.

1 Like

Drive-thru. But I’m well-versed in the Condiment Arts.

1 Like

Here ya go:

1 Like

It was Chauncey’s day off. The new Vantage was back in the car cave getting detailed today.

1 Like

Car rich . Food poor . Lol

2 Likes

I give thee, the Filet O Hashkou: Because adding Zankou Chicken’s garlic paste to the Filet O Hashbrown is just marvelous…

15 Likes

Genius!!

This thread is now a Filet O Hashbrown Hack

4 Likes

We have a '91 Camry and a '97 Subaru!

1 Like

Does the Zankou on SaMo Blvd. and Sep have the original garlic paste? (is there still even a Zankou there???))

As of several years ago, yes. But I found their chicken to be several steps lower than the OG locations. Haven’t been back in a long time.