Food Free-for-All

Smoked water? I…what?

I know! What??

Also, I love Eric Ripert, but fuck him with the black truffle. Not literally. Well, yeah, maybe literally.

2 Likes

Hilarious. I thought the same thing! You and I are getting the same things from this list.

Seriously, I mean, you can’t cook without grouse in your kitchen? Only two people said salt, lol.

1 Like

I know! Some were trying too hard. I wonder if any of them felt pretentious after reading other chefs say salt or lemon :smile:.

Just read this. We’re leaving for Rio on Weds and will be there for three weeks. Have a little apartment so will take a few things. A small amount of “good” oo and vinegar, s&p, ten or so spices including fennel seed which I adore. I think I’ll pass on the smoked water and black truffle :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m going to miss you. Feel free to send a few pics. No pressure :grin:.

Aw, thanks. I like the new-old format. Encourages me. I plan to post on some eats in case anyone else goes to our wonderful Rio.

3 Likes

I don’t know how well truffles would hold up in Brazilian weather, but WOW - you know how much you’re going to miss your smoked water… :wink:

Have a great time!

1 Like

I’ll probably have to substitute caipirinhas!!! Starting tomorrow.

1 Like

Now yur talkin’! Saúde!

1 Like

Saude back atcha! Our MO is to quickly change clothes, head to the beach, sit under an umbrella and have caipirinhas (plural) and grilled sausages and onions.

4 Likes

National Cheeseburger Day, September 18th - Discounts & Freebies

I just rediscovered how much I love Kit Kats.

I just dusted off a giant movie sized packet of Kit Kats and about 1/2 jar of homespun peanut butter.

5 Likes

:kissing_heart:

Give that combo a heavy dusting of konako powder mixed with fine/powdered sugar.

Nah, gotta stay healthy.

Vintage Mega-Kit Kat + peanut butter = healthy.

Consume + vintage Mega-Kit Kat + peanut butter = blue face

Blue face = healthy outcome

???

1 Like

Here you go waffle makers

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/tipsandtricks/36-waffle-combos-that-are-just-too-tempting/ss-BBva4rL?fullscreen=true&li=BBnb7Kz#image=1