Food Free-for-All

Just saw this Philadelphia Cream Cheese ad in my twitter feed… What exactly am I looking at? A halved banana with some sort of cream cheese on it??

It’s a Durazno Sobre Platano! Don’t you know? Just kidding… I have know idea what that is.

1 Like

Durazno is Spanish for peach. So that’s ‘peach on banana’.

Gracias

Thank you! But is it peach-flavored cream cheese on a banana?

1 Like

City of Gold (JGold) - Preview Screening

Sorry for the raggedy flier. We have a new kitten :cat2:.

This should be fun and interesting. Some good restaurants are participating. You can also put your money to good use. By purchasing tickets you benefit Food Forward and can make a donation to Music Forward.

I would say FTC meet up. But we can’t stay for the tasting :tired_face:.

The ticket purchase page is a little challenging. If you have questions or troubles call the Wiltern and ask for Sylvia the event coordinator - very sweet lady.

2 Likes

Question: Is FTC a blog or a board? I’ve referred to it as a blog. But now I think it’s a board :slight_smile:. What or is there a difference?

It’s a message board. Or a discussion site. Blog is short for web log, closer to a diary than a conversation.

3 Likes

Conde Nast Traveler Names the Best Restaurants on Earth

I can just hear Porthos groaning about a little L.A. restaurant who made the list. I’ll give you a hint… “Fat on fat on fat.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/where-in-the-world-to-eat-condé-nast-traveler-names-the-best-restaurants-on-earth/ar-BBwQCaF?li=BBnb7Kz

1 Like

i prefer my fat on fat on fat with gravy

5 Likes

Sigh… Whole roasted cauliflower anyone? Or maybe some pasta with an incredibly smooth sauce (the secret is starchy pasta water, gasp!).

I hate being so jaded at such a young age. At least there is:

White Rabbit, Moscow,
Vladimir Mukhin gives a futuristic twist to obsessively researched 16th-century Russian recipes and archaic Slavic ingredients most Russians know only from fairy tales. Get the Forward to the Past tasting menu, which might include moose milk or the caviar of an albino sturgeon.”

I would eat there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too!

What the heck is that? It makes me feel greasy just looking at the photo .

Only the best dish at animal: foie gras, biscuit, maple sausage gravy.

Thank you! That is completely drool-worthy.

1 Like

Huh. I guess that’s all they had in the walk-in when they got done toking after a really bad service one night. And no, I don’t feel like fixing that run-on sentence.

2 Likes

We already told you.
It’s fat on fat on fat… Keep up.

Don’t pay any attention to the naysayers @PorkyBelly. That is one of my favorite food pictures.

1 Like

Well… I am still partial to their signature dish. The bbq pork belly sandwich… PorkyBelly.

P.S. I’m kind of ashamed to admit, I just noticed you have a “y” in your name.

1 Like

Didn’t realize that was their signature, they’re great too.

Well… Maybe not officially :relaxed:. But I remember when they first opened it was talked and written about as the must have dish. I love it. But then again I love Animal.