Happy Hour - the ultimate collection

Do we report our happy hours here also? Because I went to MB Post, thinking they had a happy hour, which they don’t. But I sat at the bar and had scallops anyway, and I was pretty happy.

9 Likes

@ipsedixit I meant to post this in the happy hour thread. Help, please?

Done.

1 Like

Complimentary hors d’oeuvres buffet. $1 off well liquor & beer, $2 off wine & premium liquor.

Bon Vivant Market & Café
3155 Glendale Blvd
Atwater Village

well I ended up at Hopsaint in Torrance. No happy hour to speak of, but decent food, wine, and a large beer list which my beer snob friend loved, but I could not find a single non-IPA type beer, so I opted for Riesling. What better way to get turnt up before a Rage show than Riesling?

But seriously, this killer shrimp dish was great, and worked well with the wine (pic ripped from google):

My buddy’s burger was less successful.

3 Likes

TheCookie -

We love Bon Vivant for breakfast and lunch - have never done the happy hour. What are the noshes like?

1 Like

tonight, i will make myself a drink or four and sit on the couch.
i like to call it, “sad hour”.
who’s with me?

6 Likes

Sad? That sounds like a great hour to me!

6 Likes

That post was informational only :relaxed:. We didn’t go for the HH. But people seemed to be enjoying it. It’s on L.A. Weekly’s “best of” list. We had a really good dinner. I’ll probably post it as an early Weekend Rundown.

Thank you, I’ll look forward to that!

1 Like

Sorry. Beer / Wine cut off a bit.

Pork Toro

Larb Tofu

Mekhong Old Fashion & Daiquiri

Loved the daiquiri.

Night + Market
9043 Sunset Blvd
W. Hollywood

6 Likes

Ooooh, I hope they offer that in the new Venice location! That’s the the most exciting HH menu!

1 Like

had no ides Night Market had HH deals. Do you know if the Silver Lake location also does?

Hi @tailbacku - We didn’t either until we went. Silver Lake probably has HH. Restaurant business in L.A. is so competitive now, it’s foolish not to have it.

Hi @yogachik - Great thread BTW. I was surprised by the HH. It is a good one. I am looking forward to trying the Peek Gai Hay-ha (party wings). Someone posted a picture on “September DOTM Thai” that looks sooo good.

1 Like

I don’t think anybody has mentioned charcoal

from the instagrams
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKHalwNAu6O/?taken-by=charcoalvenice

3 Likes

Very nice

whoa whoa whoa - didn’t know Charcoal has a HH! Their menu is pretty fantastic (and they call it a “Glass Off” from 5-7:30) Evening Glass Off - Charcoal Venice

1 Like

[quote=“ipsedixit, post:26, topic:4257”]
Horses Mouth
[/quote] [quote=“ipsedixit, post:26, topic:4257”]
Lobster roll - Fantastic; housemade roll, crunchy and pillowy inside, perfect vehicle for the lobster meat,
[/quote]They put tarragon in it :rage:!

Tarragon and shellfish are a match blessed by the gods.

2 Likes

Tarragon makes me angry.

1 Like