In-N-Out Has A New Menu Item!

Interesting - I’m a 3x2 animal style kinda guy but that 4x1 looks promising.

1 Like

I like what their doing . On the other hand do they make a tiny sized burger . Say the size of a white castle for a picky 5 year old.

1 Like

In-N-Out? Nope.

Speaking of White Castle size burgers, I just saw that Krystal has an AYCE option LOL!!

God I miss White Castle and Krystal. (Frozen at home just ain’t the same)

Went to go watch Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle the first weekend it came out with my sister. Afterwards we were craving burgers like everyone else who went to watch the movie. We try the frozen ones from the market at home…finished a slider and looked at each other and said,

“Let’s go to In N Out”

2 Likes

I did the same thing. AND THEN I went and made it a point to get the real thing when I was on the east coast - I was sorely disappointed.

2 Likes

No, but we do them probably every other month. I have a specific way I ‘cook’ them.

One time when we were in NYC we went to their location in Queens. Sat in the parking lot and ate our two each and loved 'em. I grew up on Krystals but haven’t had that in probably ten years.

Heat up the frozen White Castle burgers, then dip into Thousand Island before biting.

Much better.

oh, I actually have no problem with the frozen WC burgers, it’s the fresh ones that I find awful. go figure - maybe it’s a difference in expectation.

Gently pull apart the burger.
Lightly toast the buns to they are not all mush.
Cook burger on pan.
Make more onions.
Add another small piece of American cheese.
Put ketchup on the burger.
Reassemble and eat.

1 Like

If I’m doing that work I might as well just start from scratch

4 Likes

I hear you. But you’ll get better results. But then again White Castle cheeseburgers are probably late night stoner/drunk food anyway.

I like the tiny diced onions. Doesn’t McDonald’s have those also?

I put a tiny bit of dijon on them. Now that I have Katz’s deli mustard, I’m gonna try that.

When I was in high school in Atlanta in the 60s, sometimes Krytal, usually 12 cents would be 10 for a $1. We polite Southern belles would let our boyfriends have six and we would only get four :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wrap two frozen ones in a paper towel with ends folded over and MW for 30 seconds. I then rotate each of them, turn them over and MW another 30. Then I add the little smear of mustard and MW 10 more seconds. If Bob’s having two also, I alternate them in the MW during the 30 seconds of cooking. The she-god has spoken :smile:

1 Like

Some years ago I was living in the East Village but going to school in Brooklyn so I’d spend the entire day on campus. When coming back home there was a White Castle that was right before the Atlantic Ave. subway stop and if I would often make the mistake of scarfing down a bag of 8 burgers on the subway platform waiting for the train. They were great going down but by the time I got off the train my stomach regretted it. Because I am a slow learner I would forget about the prior intestinal distress and repeat this about once a month,

3 Likes

This. I went once in Chicago after feeding my toddler son the frozen ones (this was years ago). Tasting them at an actual WC made me long for the frozen variety.

I love them both; they don’t sell ones with bacon in the freezer aisle. They’re the epitome of trashy deliciousness :star_struck:

I suspect your use of the word “equivalent” may be careless word choice, but I want to address it anyway. Quick disclaimer to the board in general - forgive my singling out one word in a thread about nostalgic fast food, especially in light of a couple other threads discussing board etiquette.

Anyway … I think what you mean is the term white trash can be used as a slur against white people, as the n-word is used as a slur against black people. However, to suggest there’s any equivalence between the two words is unfair at best. One group has systemically subjugated the other group and continues to do so today, more so in the South than in the rest of the country.

12 Likes