Let’s talk Khachapuri, particularly the adjaran / adjaruli style (Georgian cheesebread that a lot of Armenians make)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0lx_b7lR7b/

4 Likes

The cheese steak they make at Oui is tremendous!!! Amazing bread too. Took me back to Boston

Can you believe I’ve still never had the Adjaruli??? I finally go back here and don’t order out because I made a huge pizza last night…

6 Likes

This is from “Oui Melrose,” not “Banh Oui,” right?

Oui Melrose, oui. Thanks for correction. Casablanca opened up next door, have to go tonight!

1 Like

thanks for the warning on the non-authentic cheesesteak :japanese_goblin:

what’s that green stuff on top?

come again? Am I wrong in thinking that the cheese steak, the steak and cheese and the philly cheese steaks, italian beef are all derivatives from the Italian American community? Boston has the 2nd richest in the US probably. Maybe I can learn something here. I worked for OG italians from Abruzzo and Naples

i think parsley… was a nice touch.

1 Like

i kid, just thought it was funny a cheesesteak reminded you of boston.

kind of like saying this lobster roll brought me back to philly.

2 Likes

oh i see . i get it. it’s like a weird regional thing maybe… where i’m from everyone eats cheese steaks and philly is known to be the ones to use shitty meat and cheese and call that a philly cheese steak… i never once ordered a philly cheese steak back home… only a Steak and Cheese lol… like i dont think philly can have any claim to trademark on this sandwich at all

1 Like

why not? that’s where it originated.

Chicago beef isn’t exactly the same dish as Philadelphia cheese steak.

Both were developed in the US. Italian immigrants generally ate beef seldom or never before coming here.

My comment was just about thinly sliced steak subs with cheese and other things. That started in philly? Hard to believe in ny or Boston they weren’t doing a similar thing way back then .

Maybe a Philly cheesesteak is a specific sandwich but that’s not what I had above

1 Like

Dude, philly cheese steak is an iconic philly thing. There are variations of Italian beef on bread, nationally and globally but cheese, thinly sliced beef on hot plate with diced sautéed onions on bread is a philly thing.

Stop beating a dead horse.

2 Likes

You can correct me to teach me, you can ignore me but you can’t be telling me wtf to do. You don’t know me like that. I’m actually in here trying to figure out if my assumptions are wrong and being flexible

1 Like

Stop being a know it all. You can dish it out, but you can’t seem to take it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think you should reread. My tone was inquisitive and questioning, not snarky

1 Like

Don’t kid yourself

it’s pretty well known the cheesesteak was invented in Philly, for better or worse, it’s become as cliche as rocky, soft pretzels, the liberty bell and throwing snowballs at santa claus.

I don’t even think it’s the best sandwich the city has to offer, that would be the roast pork.

7 Likes

Boston (and parts of MA) are more known for “Super Beef” - buttered onion roll, rare roast beef, slice of cheese, mayo and BBQ sauce

http://www.billandbobs.com/ (just one of the better known shop)

1 Like

But what about Kelly’s? :wink:

Oops this is really some thread drift here… Maybe a new topic on a New England Board: Best Roast Beef Sandwich.

2 Likes

I am a Harrison’s fan. http://www.harrisonsroastbeef.com/

1 Like