Longo Seafood

So Andy Wang from Food and Wine was on Air Jordan podcast and named this one of his best and most improved restaurant of 2022. He said a Michelin restaurant chef was with him who thought almost all the dishes he had were the best version of that dish he’s ever had. Also got a bib gourmand this year. Has anyone gone in recently?

Not sure what the timeline is. Last went six months ago and it seemed the same.

1 Like

Same staff and kitchen. Food tastes the same to me. We got fairly often and order everything Andy does and more.

1 Like

Yes. Always very good for us. IDK that there is much difference between Longo and some of the other higher end canto’s in terms of price or quality

1 Like

Got @Clayfu fluenced by the amazing pricing.

29.99 Alaskan king crab is a steal. I tried to get a small one but they are all basically the same weight. So we ended up with a 10lber…for 2ppl and one toddler lol.

It was superb and Chinese crustacean seafood cooking > pretty much every other seafood preparation style.

Got typhoon shelter, steamed with glass noodle and egg white fried rice plus some token veggies and an egg tart to complete the meal. All preparations were delicious but the wok hei for the fried rice was next level. All single grains of rice with no clumps.

Would definitely go back and bring more ppl lol. Take advantage of the lobster, dungeness, and king crab prices while you can! Also I think this is my new go to over Newport!

The aftermath and dessert

19 Likes

That is a FEAST! Well done!

1 Like

A gluttonous crabulous feast!

I think our old uncle server was impressed by our appetites lol

1 Like

Does anyone know if longo still has that pricing on crabs and lobsters? And whether it’s going to run through the end of the year?

1 Like

still on, not sure how long

2 Likes

Anything special at longo seafood for the holidays aside from crab/lobster specials? How was the meal yesterday @Clayfu ?

We are thinking about going around the holidays

1 Like

SO.

i just learned there’s individual hot pot at Longo. So we’re doing it for lunch tmrw. With king crab

4 Likes

Damn that sounds delicious! Please take a photo

What a rookie

The best part is using the broth at the end and adding noodles for a noodle soup.

I don’t know too many Chinese people who actually go out to hot pot when it is easily done at home.

Isn’t this the guy who took moonboy’s review and made it his?

6 Likes

Yup! That’s the dude, he plagiarized chowseeker too.

4 Likes

What are the top dishes at Longo?

I still cannot figure out how A. Gavin & pals are not all gout-ridden!

1 Like

Sometimes it’s nice to have hot pot in a fancy environment. :slight_smile:

Although, w/ the Westwood 99 Ranch having a hot pot section, I may try to return to my childhood and do one at home. :slight_smile: My parents used to use a hotpot that I think they might’ve gotten as a free gift back in the 1970s/80s for opening a bank account!

5 Likes

How do you know they’re not? :wink:

1 Like

To your point, I am having a home hot pot tonight (for the first time), put together by my non-Chinese niece, who has made this a specialty of hers, I am told.

Wondering how one manages the sauce bar/selection at home? Seems quite complicated to pull off that many items.

3 Likes