Majordomo - Chinatown

@moonboy403 @PorkyBelly how did the chicken compare to the Momofuku fried chicken set in NYC? Thanks for sharing!

Swag + insider invite…

That is a nice tote bag. I would fill it with fried oysters to take home for breakfast.

1 Like

Thanks for the report back @moonboy403

I had to laugh (at the ridiculous price) of David Chang and the $50 (+ tax & tip) Fried Chicken. Seriously? :roll_eyes: (I think @Ns1 @TheCookie and others might be dying a little inside at this ridiculous QPR.)

Reminds of the $110 mediocre Hainan Chicken he’s selling.

1 Like

Never tried it so I can’t help there.

The 3 of us got the small $35 fried chicken. The value’s there since portion size is comparable to what you get at Pikunico for a little less than $12 pp (It’s $12 at Pikunico). I think each small Majordomo fried chicken order has 3 full wings, 3 drumstick, 2 breast pieces cut into 4s, butter lettuce, herbs, pickled veggie, and 3 large bing rolls. In fact, if they ever improve their fried chicken, it’s a relative “steal” IMO.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. The fried chicken still looks (and sounds from what you described) as pretty mediocre though.

1 Like

Positive, it’s somewhat comparable to Pikunico.

$80 for the chicken 3 way no?

Actually 2 way, but the 2nd prep can vary dramatically (e.g., sometimes it’s been a chicken salad :expressionless:). The last time I had it it was a very mediocre chicken noodle soup (which was worse than the mediocre Hainan chicken rice).

Went to the lunch preview on Sunday, here are the mains. There was 4 of us and we ordered all the mains (small)

Overall it was good, the seafood boil was a little hard to eat since you have to take off all the glasses and tableware so they can lay the paper down. Then they had to do the same thing when you finish, they’re still trying to figure it out. We got the curry seafood boil. They provide gloves since it can get messy. I liked the whole fish best, it was striped bass and was pretty substantial.the beef was fine, it was like a Persian beef koobideh with a kalbi type marinade? It was interesting and all the mains are meant for sharing . It felt a little bit weird to have large format meal for lunch. The fried chicken has already been mentioned by @moonboy403.

We also got some sides, potato salad, ginger scallion noodles, and cucumber.

7 Likes

Sorry I haven’t tried the nyc fried chicken yet. Hopefully they’ll be serving it at the upcoming weho noodle bar. In which case, I believe a bang bang may be required. For research.

2 Likes

Had lunch on Saturday. Fun to chat with PorkBelly and MoonBoy. Will leave the awesome pics to MoonBoy. They’re terrific!

The branzino was voted strongest dish by far with the fried oysters a strong second.

Ordered all the Market Sides. We had leftovers of all except the potato salad.

5 Likes

Anyone had the whole fried Rockfish or Mussels & Clams dish yet?

i had that dish when it was an appetizer and i really liked it.

i’ll let you know how it is tomorrow.

2 Likes

Was there a long wait? I really want to try lunch, but I do not want to hear about how hungry everyone is.

No wait, but doesn’t mean there won’t be this weekend. My guess is that (depending how large you party might be), you won’t wait long.

Wasn’t on the menu tonight, but I want to know if it’s on menu tomorrow!

Got the B.S. Fries ALC tonight. Wife asked the server nicely upon sitting down, so it’s possible. We had an early seating. Them things good. Real good.

1 Like

(new) fried goose point oysters, ssam, kohlrabi, domojang
Same dish from the lunch menu. Plump, juicy and perfectly fried.

(new) duck liver mousse, almonds, cacao nibs, mint, strawberry jam
nice balance of sweet livery-ness. i liked this better than the shaved frozen foie gras.

(new) lady edison ham
this isn’t smoked like the benton’s ham and it wasn’t as smooth and had kind of a grainy texture.

(new) crispy magic myrna potatoes, salsa seca, chili, peanuts
Surprise highlight of the night (@Bookwich, @TheCookie). I really liked this dish with the butterball potatoes, but these larger magic myrnas brought this to a whole nuhva level. Crispy, chewy skin with a really creamy inside and a hint of sweetness. So potato-y they’re starring in toy story 4.

(new) fried whole rockfish, chili sauce, scallion, cilantro
i didn’t realize this was another version of their skate fried rice with the addition of fresh herbs until after i ordered it. if you liked that dish you’ll like this (@chewchow). i prefer the whole fish with sichuan black bean sauce.

rice, onsen egg, benne seeds, nori

b.s. fries
still available alc @Loaxley.

pretty fucking great

7 Likes