Majordomo - Chinatown

Yeah, I would too… because that doesn’t sound good. Love a crispy, creamy potato! I wonder why they stopped using the Benton’s ham? :frowning_face:

i’m not sure, maybe benton’s ran out of their “reserve” ham that they exclusively made for majordomo?

1 Like

something going down

Buy-out?

On Instagram, it says they will be open tomorrow.

who’s going to crash the party?

1 Like

Maybe a company party?

I would think they would give more notice if it was a buy-out, they posted that about an hour before they normally open. And not knowing when they would reopen again? Sounds like something unforeseen.

Maybe they booked no reservations but had forgotten to warn walk-ins.

Or it was a plumbing emergency or the like and they got it sorted out quickly.

Or no one made reservations that night, so they just decided to take the night off. :rofl:

1 Like

Or some baller just made a last minute buyout. It’s LA you never know.

How does that work? Do they kick out all pre-existing reservations for the mere mortals that night?

They probably have the host offer to reschedule or they may possibly still take their tables but if the buyout is for the patio or interior then those who still are allowed to come might be served in the area not taken by the party.

Another social occasion so few and sometimes bad photos.

Bounty Bowl was great, especially some big purple sugar snap peas, pickled Tokyo turnips, and the koji mascarpone.

Peanuts were nude and potatoes were diced. Still great but I missed the unavoidable mess of the shells and/or oxtails (which were on just the other day).

Spicy lamb bing slightly different but still great.

I usually hate sugar snap peas but fresh horseradish is a genius way to make them good.

Dungeness crab mafaldine with tomalley FTW. This could have been the highlight of a meal at a first-rate Italian meal or a baller banquet at a high-end Cantonese place.

Duck rice, so good. What’s Dave’s favorite Persian place in LA and what does he order besides tahdig?

With a delightfully refreshing kakigori this was the right amount of food for three people. My pals took a little of the duck home.

I don’t know how a restaurant could be better than this. It’s not just consistently delicious, original food with deep roots in many traditions; a comfortable, beautiful, welcoming environment; and consistently polished yet friendly service: it’s also a whole lot of fun.

9 Likes

Lobster or crab?

That pasta dish looks incredible. How does it compare to Republique’s version?

1 Like

i would order that duck rice just for myself. one of my favorite dishes there.

1 Like

Oops, right, Dungeness.

In Battle Mafaldine, I give the nod to Republique. Ours at Majordomo was fine but didn’t measure up (IMO).

2 Likes