Republique

I preordered via their email newsletter. I’ll be ordering this pie again, and again, and again. And yes, it was the passion fruit cream pie.

3 Likes

potato and leek beignet, gruyere, dijonnaise

(new) ora king salmon tartare, yuzu, pickled root vegetables, potato chips
not bad, a bit too much mayo for me.

bucatini alla carbonara, nigel’s pancetta, parmesan
the carbonara was somehow rich but not heavy, and complemented the salty porky pancetta perfectly, great.

tournedos rossini - prime beef filet, foie gras, black truffles
So fucking french it surrendered to the bucatini. It should be illegal not to serve a lobe of tumorous liver on top of filet mignon. rip.

riz au lait - saffron poached pear, pomegranate, pistachio
pears were insane.

banana caramel, apple pie

8 Likes

I had a slice of it recently…it was so delicious. Light, fruity, fresh, creamy…and the crust was perfect.

1 Like

So glad you got to try a slice! I suddenly feel the need to revisit Republique ASAP :laughing:

It seems that it’s easier for me to get here during the day. The pie is still available and remains amazing…likely the best pie I’ve ever had and I’m not even a big fan of pie…it’s just perfect.
Breakfast was great. They’re not kidding when they say bacon steak with the traditional breakfast. The mushroom toast was super good…lots of flavors and textures and super mushroom-y…but the last half of it became pretty rich because butter in eggs, savory ham, holladaise sauce, sautéed mushrooms and greens (likely in more butter). It was still delicious…I’m going to be good until dinner.

5 Likes

Has anybody tried the lunch-only chicken pot pie?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsvlwmShWyY/

6 Likes

Well then, I must try it.

1 Like

I Love Chicken Pot Pie!

1 Like

I brought a passion fruit cream pie home on Saturday as a surprise to the family. I didn’t tell them what kind of pie though. It’s deceiving in appearance as raspberries are prominent, while the filling looks like creme pat.

Since my wife and son like raspberries, I think their minds and tongues did not agree. But my daughter, after tasting and pondering for a few seconds, figured it out.

I found the pie perfectly executed. My one disappointment is I was hoping for more passion fruit flavor. Maybe a light drizzle of passion fruit coulis would amp it up just enough for my tastes.

4 Likes

Fun dad & husband

Look at you.

My sweet husband gets our sweet housekeeper the bombolonis when she comes to work. I make her the café bombon and am putting in a request for that passion fruit cream pie!

1 Like

Speaking of Republique, Passion & Bomboloni

Boston Cream Pie, my new favorite!

6 Likes

waaaaait a minute… so you have been to republique?

1 Like

Nope, still holding out. My Republique sweets are delivered via Hubby. He loves going there. :smile: It’s become a joke. I had actually gotten over my… whatever it was that was stopping me. Then @Chowseeker1999, I think, had a less than favorable experience with the big plate entrees and it set me back. But I’ve decided there are just too many things on this thread that are right up my alley. Your latest posts sealed the deal. So we’re going!

2 Likes

Hi @TheCookie,

Yah not everything on Republique’s menu is going to be a hit, but mainly be wary of their big plates / proteins section. During dinner, most everything else is far more safe to get a winner (pastas especially, salads, many of their appetizers, and get their charcuterie board (all housemade!)). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is the plan!

2 Likes

Republique’s Pastry Cookbook is ready for pre-sale. If they do have a signing party, I’m game to go…desserts are so good here!

2 Likes

Sounds fun. Maybe I’ll finally cross their threshold. :slight_smile:

Thanks, my wife will love it.

Passion Fruit Cream Pie!

I got it @bulavinaka! Well, I should say someone got it for me. You’re right @attran99, it’s pretty darn perfect.

5 Likes

Ours had a lot less raspberries and a lot more filling. Whipped cream was more generous too. But as long as you enjoyed it…

1 Like