September 2018 Weekend Rundown

Mozart Requiem, right? Was there an alternative completion featured in today’s performance?

Bang bang Saturday at Century City: Din Tai Fung, then the (new, and tiny) 85°C Bakery.

Next up on the wish list for the Food Genie: We needs a SinBaLa Westside, please…

6 Likes

No, it was good old Sussmayr. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hawaiian Dodger Dog and Garlic Fries…IMG_1700 IMG_1703

4 Likes

Raspberry and vanilla doughnuts from Hustle ‘N Dough truck, conveniently parked next to my gym :sweat_smile:
Paired well with some Syrah I picked up a few weeks ago in SB. Lunch is served :grinning:

7 Likes

Picture and username checks out.

3 Likes

Last hurrah for good girl dinnette

4 Likes

Bite of the month: Height of the season shio-grilled sanma (Pacific saury), at Kiriko (in Sawtelle Japantown): Complexity, in the best way…

11 Likes

Larner is so good. I’m going to miss visiting Jaffurs. I think 2014th were also the last ones I bought but they sold to a big company and there are too many smaller options there.

1 Like

Finally got to go to Feng May (Olympic) and you know what? It’s fun!. Food’s good and simple and it’s cozy and clean in there. Wish they had traditional red kimchi. Banchan were HK Market level. I kept needing something super spicy (hangover) so i got a bowl of warm noodle which was nice and spicy

5 Likes

Catered food
20180922_195701 20180922_192155 20180922_201928 20180922_203856 20180922_203515 20180922_204412 20180922_192847 20180922_194537

3 Likes

Late night tako run…

5 Likes

Nice @J_L.

Now where are the other 30 pieces? :wink:

1 Like

Fehg Mao. Think it’s actually Korean-Chinese. From the autonomous region just west of the N. Korean border.

Beer, burgers and fries from Stalking Horse. I’m really liking this place and it’s become part of our regular rotation. Solid selection of house brews (love the Otis oatmeal stout with a hint of bitterness). And those fries–giant blocks of pillow-y starchy deep-fried goodness.
stalking_horse

6 Likes

Gotta go try that shepherd’s pie…

In mah belly…

1 Like

That’s right, though ironically most Korean peeps hate lamb.

Is it mainly the beer that’s the draw? The reason I ask is b/c I found the food and ambiance fine, but, since I don’t drink, maybe I missed the point of the place. It seems like a nice neighborhood watering hole.

For me it’s the combo of good pub food and their in-house beers. Prices are very reasonable and they have plenty of vegan options which is what Mrs. DoughnutsFC prefers.
The fish and chips the chicken pot pie are also delicious and very satisfying. And those fries – I love them! But skip the desserts; either have another beer or head west to Atticus.

2 Likes