T’is BLT time, Post your favs

The Mendocino Farms one is pretty darn delicious.

Friends & Family

Thick bacon, basil and a fried egg.

Not your father’s BLT …

Doesn’t count, but nothing beats home grown lettuce, heirloom tomatoes on home made sourdough toasted with bacon fat

I bet. I think most Mendocino Farms sandwiches are pretty darn delicious.

I had a BLTA @ The Counter last week (quick workday lunch) that was tasty. Actually it was better than I thought it would be. Good quality ingredients throughout. I’m a big fan of avocado in my BLT.

Since you are the person Ipse, who believes XLB can’t be seen as Dumplings, (https://www.chowhound.com/post/xiao-long-bao-dumplings-split-la-442135) I’m going to have to say that sandwich doesn’t qualify as a BLT in the slightest.

That is a THICC cut tomato.

Breakfast BLT (con huevos) at Marty’s (on Pico in West LA, a few blocks east of Overland)…

Marty's

Clementine puts out a pretty good one. I think it usually pops onto the menu in late summer (available from late July-September).

My bad.

The arugula in your BLT from Mendocino Farms threw me off. My bad.

#ArugulaNotLettuce

The sandwich itself was pretty tasty but there are a few minor complaints.

1. Needs more bacon
  2. The mayo is too sweet. I’d prefer Kewpie
  3. The tomatoes are cut too thick. When you bite into the sandwich a lot of tomato squeezes out. See picture below.

Always.

I’ve been addicted to a Yuzu mayo that I found at Epicurus Gourmet lately. I bet it would help make a fine BLT.

Wouldn’t that be like … Miracle Whip? (Which I love, by the way. #NoShame)

Is it citrus that gives Miracle Whip it’s tang? I’ve never considered it before. I, too, also love Miracle Whip. Growing up, I used to make my Mom buy Miracle Whip…my own kids haven’t developed an appreciation for it, yet.

I believe it’s more the vinegar (and maybe paprika) that gives Miracle Whip its hallmark tang, but between us chickens, yuzu would work just as well.

I wish the version at Sugar Rush in Walnut had better tomatoes, but the lettuce, thick and flavorful bacon, and avocado (ok, so it’s an ABLT) still make it a good version that is infinitely better in the summer, when the tomatoes are ok.

Picture from Yelp: