Tacos 1986 - New Tijuana-style stand w/ trompo in Hollywood

If it’s a case of preferring the kind of salt levels we had then they are not trained enough to be in any kitchen, truck stand or otherwise. I’m not joking. The Mushroom Taco and one of the Carne Asada Tacos were like putting a spoonful of salt on my tongue. I think it’s your second guess - careless workers and a distracted boss man.

Nice to see you back on taco watch. I don’t think anyone on this board has been to as many taco spots as you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

looks like they pulled a Keyser Söze

1 Like

That’s my spot! I love El Faro, and I end up there all the time.

Eventually I asked the woman about those red chiles and she gave me a little handful. They’re dried chiltepin chiles, and they grind them into powder there. Apparently that’s the essential spice for Mazatlan-specific aguachile.

Love them on the aguachile, but can’t say I recommend eating a whole one straight… I popped one in my mouth in the car after she gave me that handful and I almost had to pull over from the heat. Great flavor, but super intense. Short-lived burn though, fades quickly.

1 Like

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck . . .
Tonight was going to be the night for me.
That’s some bullshit right there.
Thanks for the heads up though.

2 Likes

I was gonna go tonight too fml

1 Like

hah, same.

looks like they just killed an informal FTC meetup :joy:

realtalk: where do I go for food after the Grove now? I need to head back up the 101/170.

2 Likes

Darn… and we just solved the salt dilemma. I was all prepared to request “no extra salt, please.”

They’ll show up somewhere else soon…

Good info @Srsly.

I just drove by this corner today…and thought the Jacoby & Meyers sign looked familiar.

so funny they’re already ghost lol… let’s see where there end up… but i’m pretty sure they’re tryna stay in holly

go to Noree Thai maybe?

I’m guessing offering a large parking lot at night in Vernon wouldn’t be any good for them or anyone here.

might be just me, but i dont see how this place is twice as good as tire shop taqueria.

1 Like

Pop up in KTown tonight, 7 pm to 3 am

611 S. Western Ave.

1 Like

i’m going soon

Just hit the pop up tonight. The adobada is the real deal, better than leos for sure… that char is insanely good. Got 3 adobada, 1 Asada and 1 mushroom. Also got hooked up with a “Perron” off menu “animal style” flour tortilla w crispy cheese, adobada and beans. the carne Asada and mushroom were decent, didn’t notice any over salting issues… the adobada one of the best tacos I’ve ever had though for sure + fresh tortilla.

Heard rumor they’re looking at a brick & mortar location on fairfax in fairfax village.

Support them

5 Likes

That would be a problem for me lol.

Oh man I live just down the street from here but still haven’t made it here. Will correct that mistake soon

And if you don’t know, now you know . . .

3 Likes

So tempted to finish that lyric for you, but it would get scrubbed faster than a jackrabbit on a date. Oh and thanks for the update. I wanna’ give them another try.

3 Likes