Tacos 1986 - New Tijuana-style stand w/ trompo in Hollywood

you guys are GOAT taco, can’t wait to hit again.

Went this weekend. Loved the perron with Adobada. Thought the mushroom taco was just okay, but the crispy bits on the adobada were fucking great. Also did not find it to be too salty at all.

1 Like

the pro move here is to get adobada tacp with the mushrooms on top. Just coined this over the last week, really elevates the adobada taco…ask for the skramzlife special ;p

They also have a new chipotle-esque hot salsa they just debuted…infused with strawberries. It’s one of the best salsas i’ve ever had no joke.

5 Likes

The only challenge of this place is parking. If you don’t live in K town it’s hard to figure out where to park, but otherwise, I loved it.

You’re referring to most of L.A., yes? ;-D

smorgasburg

1 Like

“Smorgasburg”… Is that about parking, the venue or a state of mind?

Taco 1986 is at Smorgasburg every Sunday at ROW DTLA so you don’t have to look for parking in K-Town.

2 Likes

Cool, good to know.

You just walk a couple of blocks at worst. Or park in the shopping center lots.

For sanities sake, you take Metro to Koreatown. Always. The bus is better than finding parking.

Respectfully have to disagree. I took the bus once in LA and will never do that again.

2 Likes

dash was ok. cannot stand the regular metro though.

they’re at smorgasburg on sundays, easiest parking in the city and free for two hours.

3 Likes

At their K-town location, I’ve always been able to find parking on the street, and never more than 3 blocks away.

1 Like

Buy something at H-Mart and get validation. They’re open until 11.

1 Like

Thinking about trying this place tonight. You think they’ll be there if it’s raining?

Always check their Instagram (stories) they post before they set up.

Yep, Instagram is becoming more and more helpful with food trucks and small spots (pizza parlors, takeout joints) whose hours are at will.

same… never once have we had a problem. but we dont mind a bit of a walk.