The Drunk, Stoned, and Hungry thread

Don’t forget the hashbrown sticks inside a bean n cheese red burrito, extra del scortcho.

1 Like

One of my proudest creations:

Amy’s brocolli bake, TJ hash brown, bacon, tobasco

A peek underneath:

5 Likes

Damnation, that looks good!

JACK!

2 Likes

They look curiously like the frozen mini tacos sold at both Trader Joe’s and Costco.

2 Likes

But you don’t have to “cook” them :slight_smile:

1 Like

duuuude.

Hulk smash.

1 Like

Is anyone else wondering why Food and Wine is reviewing Jack in the Box?

4 Likes

hahahah @beefnoguy what is the proper Sake or Wine to pair with the Jack in the Box mini tacos? Maybe a Gruner from F.X Pichler?

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

That’s a fun question. No comment or input on wine.

For sake, something better than two buck chuck, perhaps the Kikusui Funaguchi small can format (after all, portion control on both sides)

or something a bit heavier duty like this Narutotai Ginjo Nama Genshu "Red Snapper"

which you can put it in the freezer and make a sake slurpy out of it and if the mini taco’s isn’t enough you can always wrap it up with real tacos or a pizza somewhere else.

3 Likes

Sake slurpy! Brilliant.

1 Like

Piss off Popeyes and your new lo-carb :disappointed: busting “spicy” chicken sandwich. ( OK, admittedly Popeyes’ entire menu is lo-carb busting )

Not spicy for me but quite tasty. Big thick filet. Cajun mayo on slightly sweet brioche bun. The pickles may be the best fast food pickles I’ve had. $3.99… no-brainer.

*photo from Popeyes but mine looked just like the photo.

2 Likes

This Popeye’s sandwich is apparently a hit.

I drove by the Laurel Canyon location at 2:45 and there was a line out the drive-thru and down the street.

1 Like

I tried the Popeye’s sandwich the other day (my second time at Popeye’s) and it was very good – considerably better than the one I had at my visit to Chick-Fil-A. I’d return for that, but I see no reason to go back to Chick-fil-A, ever.

2 Likes

Trying to be more like Buzzfeed, maybe?

Indeed. As mentioned I had one the other day and really liked it. Went back for another tonight, and there were signs taped to the door saying “Sorry, we’re out of chicken sandwiches. Please come back soon!” or words to that effect.

2 Likes

Wow, yeah the local news was talking about lots of locations running out.

They are going to have great difficulties with so few locations having drive-thrus too.

Looks like Popeyes has run out of its supply.

See this is where Chick-fil-A has an advantage. Each store flours their chicken breasts fresh. Popeyes apparently sends the chicken breasts to stores already battered.

In any case, their entire inventory is gone.

1 Like

I just read that and it cracks me up. Along with the first Costco opening in China and people waiting in their cars for three hours for a parking space.

Thanks, @PorkyBelly. ;-D

4 Likes