The Sale Thread

You are very welcome. I am still chuckling about “velcro dog” - everyone I have told about it agrees that it describes Rupert to a “t”. Thanks again.

My pleasure. I’m a dog person, and as much as I love heelers, they don’t always love me - you know how loyal/suspect they are of owners/strangers. Unless of course, if I happen to have a stray dog treat in my pocket…

Actually my dog is neutral on strangers - unless they are throwing balls, sticks, frisbees - or are children - in which case he loves them. A three year-old once hit him in the head with a stick; he picked it up and brought it back to her. He hates mailmen, gardeners with blowers, and cats - although when he catches them he just knocks them over so he can chase them again. Food is not his thing. If you throw something for him; which I hope you will have an opportunity for someday (FTC meetup?), it will mean much more than a treat which he may or may not eat. A strange dog for a foodie, but it is what it is.

2 Likes

Melissa’s Cipolline onions at Super King today - in a 3 pound bag - $1.29.

ttp://www.melissas.com/Cipolline-Onions-p/382.htm

I think the bag was mismarked as it didn’t have the name of the onions but by the size and shape (and Melissa’s brand tag) that’s what these puppies were : )

A very happy find, if you are by a Super King, stop in and look for them!

1 Like

Heads up on an offer at the newly opened Gwen’s Butcher Shop that I just saw via email:

Friends and Family Opening Offer
“Receive a complimentary 6oz Blackmore Wagyu Striploin with any purchase from our butcher shop. Simply mention this email when you visit the store.”
OFFER VALID THURSDAY 6/30 & FRIDAY 7/1

Not sure if I’ll be able to partake m’self, but hopefully someone here can.

Costco wild sockeye down currently at $10/lb. Canadian processed at $14/lb. I have no idea wtf that means.

what’s so special about these onions?

I know they are very mild and sweet.

And according to this website, you used to only get them if they were imported from Italy.

http://www.magicvalleygrowers.com/cipolline/

Can’t wait to try them!

Costco has meat and seafood roadshow for July 4th.

1 Like

They are really nice braised. They look similar to pearl onions but more ufo shaped but are actually not onions but the bulb of a variety of hyacinth.

MdR store has NY strip, tomahawk ribeyes, short ribs, Alaska King crab legs, halibut, U-12 and U-4 tiger prawns, scallops, clams and mussels.

Regular meat cases are full and appears to have to regular stock.

As TonyC mentioned, wild sockeye for $10/lb.

1 Like

by chance do you have a ballpark price on the king crab legs?

u4 tiger prawns - sounds nuts.

I think it was $20/lb. Have you had a chance to try them before?

Those U-4s must look like mutants whole. $25/lb for those, $12/lb (I think) for U-12.

I’m a pretty regular buyer of costco king crab legs - no complaints here, but evidently I have lower standards than some on this board.

I’ll have to give them a whirl. Eat 'um straight up?

Standards? Low? Sheesh - standards are overrated.

1 Like

slight steam to warm up (individual preference), eat with lemon/salt/pepper. wife does the whole butter/lemon thing instead.

old CH board has some thoughts, I might give the dry heat method a try one of these days

Much thanks!

They are not onions? How cool, I did not know that!

1 Like

@mhlee sent me a photo from the roadshow… whole gutted sockeye for $7/lb. I’ll see you guys in alhambra 9:30am t’row.

2 Likes