The Sale Thread

I think she meant chi chi goo goo la la.

1 Like

15% off all items at northern cafe Beverly and Alfred until July 4

Oh, silly me. Of course!

Oh. No problem then!!! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Whole Foods on National (maybe all locales) has a huge bin of Step 1, St Louis-style ribs for $4.99 lb.

They look pink because I froze them, but they were bright red and fresh.

Wish me luck!

6 Likes

Our go-to.

https://www.ehow.com/how_4783765_ovenbaked-pork-ribs.html?utm_source=facebookADsKW&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=keywee&kwp_0=441800&kwp_4=1807534&kwp_1=768806

1 Like

my go to is similar prep and a balsamic glaze from Animal guys. Legit.
https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/12/balsamic-glazed-spare-ribs-recipe.html

1 Like

Oh, man, this sound insane. Saved and will be using. Thanks.

Is Step 1 a good farm? Never heard of them

It just means at minimum “no cages, crates or crowding”. It goes up to Step 6, I think. At Step 6 the animals go to a day spa for weekly massages and facials.

6 Likes

Ah ok.

1 Like

Makes me wish I was at a Step 6…that’s the life!
If you’re game to smoke, I bet those ribs would be amazing in a smoker.

2 Likes

Praise be.

Doing them in my no frills, old-school weber kettle. I drilled a hole in the lid and attached a thermometer. Yep, pioneer living. A drip pan of water & aromatics underneath the meat and hot coals to one side. It’s not fun. I’m tempted to start them in the oven then do that for the last hour or vice versa. For now they’re back in the freezer until the weather clears up. Any tips @Nemroz? Other than buying a new grill?

1 Like

Smokey / cheap / convenient

Pick 2

1 Like

At Whole Foods this is what you want. Some of the other steps are all grass fed. I need some grain finish on my meat.

1 Like

I make brilliant slow cooked chicken and am determined to master ribs on this thing. Then I’ll think about upgrading to convenient.

I like the flavor of grain fed too. But then you get the “no grain-fed” folk. It’s confusing.

check out our american bbq thread.

2 Likes

Okay! I’ve never come across this thread!

take a look at www.pitbarrelcooker.com

I’ve been really happy with mine.

1 Like