715 Sushi - Arts District

I quite agree - maybe this will take some pressure off Kaneyoshi and Takeda reservations and make it easier for us to make reservations. 715 Sushi sounds like a great spot for baller folks to see and be seen on instagram or whatever else they post it on.

Exactly!! Looking at Yelp reviews, this was my thought as well, younger folks with perhaps more money than culinary experience.

I mean, you donā€™t in fact have Kaneyoshi, since you canā€™t reliably get reservations there. Iā€™ll grant that you have Takeda, Shunji (though only with Miki), Morihiro, and Mori. (Less if you mean ā€œhaveā€ geographically.)

I was speaking geographically (note that I stated ā€œnear meā€). And yes, with flexibility, I do indeed have Kaneyoshi.

2 Likes

Does the waitlist come through pretty regularly?

I donā€™t know, I guess so.

If thereā€™s anyone who had Morihiro and 715 not too far apart please provide feedback! Thanks much.

Went to 715 last Friday. Had an excellent meal. Really impressed by the cooked dishes as well as the sushi. I like pretty red vinegar forward shari as well as a little more Al dente and this delivered. I also liked how toothsome the fish choices were and the companion flavors. The black bean sishito peppers on one of the pieces was :fire:

My friend I went with had just go to the kaneyoshi and inaba collab a couple weeks before, said he enjoyed this a lot more. But he has similar rice tastes to me so take that into consideration.

7 cooked dishes - 11 pieces of sushi - dessert. I could have used 2-3 more pieces of sushi but everyone else seemed very full. But Iā€™m never full after sushi.

Glad this was my first omakase back since August 2019. Next up kaneyoshi/inaba collab next week.

Corkage was pricey. $100 each for first two btls. Then $80 for the third.

Disclaimer - we sell 715 Astrea caviar. He does not always use caviar due to constantly switching up the menu. Did not use it on this menu we had.

Canā€™t link the reel properly here unfortunately.

5 Likes

Warrior: 7.5 Warrior Points. Expensive.