All Day Baby

Daybird
Dasano
Marouch
Found Oyster
Slasher Pizza (need someone I trust to scout for me)
Pine and Crane
The Win-Dow
Spoon & Pork

4 Likes

Dunno if you trust me but I’d say it’s solid but not quite up to the high standard in the area - Hail Mary, Gra, LaSorted, Quarter Sheets, Cosa Buona, Pizza Buona, Enzo’s are all pretty close by and I’d rather do those. Decent option for a quick slice tho, especially if you don’t feel like going downtown for Danny Boy or Prime.

3 Likes

Fyi Danny boy is not open on Saturday’s I tried to go today

2 Likes

I kind of like the food at ADB but last time I went for lunch, the service was so laughably bad, don’t think I want to go back. It was so bad that I thought I was on a hidden camera prank show.

3 Likes

The happy hour bar is a patience exercise

Unfortunately, the Irvine Top Round is nothing like the original, not even close. Not sure if it was an off day or different owners but it was horrendous!

1 Like
7 Likes

This sounds interesting. It could be a real good time.

5 Likes

The pair envisioned a low-key jewel box serving dishes inspired by the Mexican American chef’s upbringing in Orange County’s Little Saigon, along with Ta’s Vietnamese heritage.

I love this. first/harbor vietnamese restaurants were mostly mostly Hispanic clientele throughout the 90’s.

9 Likes

Review forthcoming @PorkyBelly ?

5 Likes

Excited for this but they really need to add another vegetable or two. And salsa macha strikes again lol.

2 Likes

This sounds like a wonderful concept. Honestly probably more appealing to me than HLAY and ADB

5 Likes

Great!

Incidentally, I noticed that Blossom in DTLA is now defunct. I never thought it was good, but when it opened about 14 years ago, it was a big deal. A foodie colleague raved about it. At the time, it really was one of the best restaurants in DTLA; slim pickings.

There’s Gingergrass, which somehow made it onto Jonathan Gold’s 101 list one year (undeservedly I would say).

And now there’s hope!

We made a reservation for next week.

1 Like

The blossom in Chinatown still exists right?

I didn’t even know there was a Blossom in Chinatown.

Never mind not the same!!! Sage Blossom apparently. Cool space. Actually I have no idea if it’s related.

1 Like

Edit @PeonyWarrior i do think it’s owned by the same ppl. it’s in that burgerlords plaza or whatever.

newish one on Ocean Park in SaMo too - not great but OK.

possibly the worst quarter of a meal I’ve ever had. so bad we needed to send back 3 of the first 4 dishes and then we just canceled the remaining 3 dishes that didn’t even come out yet.

the sergios lien and jonathan not even there on the third night of service didn’t help either. the kitchen is clearly not ready.

email to restaurant forthcoming.

13 Likes

Wow. We will cancel our reservations.

1 Like