Any prep suggestions for these awesome looking shrimp?

Not sure what to do with these.

1 Like

Honestly? I’d “boil” and eat. Not really boil but bring to a boil, put in the shrimp, turn off heat, cover. If you know the count or can weigh them that would give you an idea of how long til done. “Pink” is usually good enough for me.

Recently I made this and it was super. Loved all the different flavors.

Salt & Pepper style shrimp comes to mind. That brings back so many childhood memories.

1 Like

you mean asian style with the crispy shell? I don’t think I can do that at home…

@catholiver I think if I were to do boiled/steamed I would just go to a Cantonese seafood restaurant.

I think my Mom dredges the shrimp in cornstarch with lots of salt and pepper, quick fries, and then tosses with stir-fried scallions, peppers/jalapeños/Thai chiles, and more salt and pepper. A la Tom Rang Muoi.

2 Likes

That sounds super. I’m going to try that.

@Ns1 if not one of the above, how about this:

Grilled Jumbo Shrimp with Lemon and Oregano Recipe | Epicurious

Cook 'em!
#youask,Ianswer

2 Likes

1 Like

OMG that’s right. Any guess how to do it???

Delete

Spanish style with a parsley sauce

Kinda like this?

1 Like

I was thinking more something like this. (tried to google translate the link -not sure if it will work) but that recipe looks good too.

In case anyone can’t translate: (I assume since it’s from a link that copyright doesn’t apply)

How to make green sauce

Green sauce, in our country, is related to many recipes, especially fish, and prepared with flour, olive oil, garlic and parsley. For example, hake in green sauce is a classic of northern gastronomy.

The green sauce can also be the famous Mexican sauce based on green tomatoes and chilies, but that is more unknown to us, and we practically do not use it.

We are going to focus today on ours, and we are going to show how we can do it easily, even for those who are not good at cooking.

Although its work with hake is more recognized, there are also recipes for potatoes, pasta and legumes in this colorful sauce, so you have room to use it widely.

It is always good to have it as a base in our recipe book, because it will be necessary at some time.

As ingredients you will need:

• 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon of all-purpose wheat flour
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • A few leaves of fresh parsley, chopped
  • 200 ml of fish stock or fumet
  • 150 ml of any dry white wine
  • Salt to taste

To make the green sauce recipe:

1. The first thing we are going to do is put a pan on the fire, with the oil, and when it is hot, we must add the peeled and minced garlic.
  2. Lightly fry the garlic for a few minutes, stirring so that they do not burn, and when they begin to take color, add the flour and stir to integrate. It is not necessary that the flour is sifted, since having a lot of oil, it will dissolve without problems.
  3. It is time to pour the white wine, broth and chopped parsley. We remove again and let it cook on high heat for 10 minutes, until we see that the broth is slightly reduced.

The final consistency is light and liquid, so if it is necessary to add more broth, add it, stir and heat again.

The green of the parsley will impregnate the sauce and dye it, thus naming the sauce. So, now we just need to pour over the plate we have made and ready.

To add a spicy touch, you can add a very small chilli or a cayenne sprig.

The fish stock will be added for fish dishes. If the dish is meat, we will use chicken broth or meat. If it is broth it is homemade, the flavor will be much more intense and deep."

I just bought colatura sauce. It would be good in this perhaps.

Probably too late for this but I just saw:

@Ns1 - what did you wind up doing with those beauties?

I left them at the store.

Oh man! Shunji served me one of these recently…

4 Likes

Is that cooked and, if so, how, do you know? It looks lovely.

This is raw botan ebi (sweet giant prawn) nigiri, with a dab of wasabi. Not all shrimp need be cooked. :slight_smile:

1 Like