Any Vegans here?

How was the meatloaf? I feel we need a recipe thread next. On another note, I am missing tacos. Almost stopped at the one on olympic and labrea. I forget the name. WOW.

2 Likes

El Chato!!

You can get veggie taco and bean-cheese burrito btw (both vegetarian)

1 Like

Yep, I’ve had a couple of vegetarian versions of the standards from El Chato. The husband is stubbornly in the El Chato > Leo’s camp. :slightly_smiling_face:

The meatloaf was tasty but heavy. I loved the texture. The mashed potatoes were starchy and bland, but the gravy helped. Plant based eating sure isn’t all light and clean :joy:

Definitely start a recipe thread!

3 Likes

Yes, I almost put a couple of dishes on this thread, but a designated thread would be good.

2 Likes

Recipe thread started here:

Was also thinking about a thread for online resources (blogs, columns, etc) and cookbooks.

3 Likes

Well it’s as simple as that! :grin: I’ll add some stuff soon. Thanks @ElsieDee!

2 Likes

I aim to please/glad to be of service/yadda-yadda-yadda. :wink:

2 Likes

FYI Jinya Burbank has vegan options now.

6 Likes

Nice. This reminds me we haven’t tried the Jinya in my ‘hood (mid-city @Luluthemagnificent) since they reopened as Bushi by Jinya (ramen/hand roll bar). They don’t have a vegan menu but have some tasty looking vegan options.

Reminds me of the Char Siu Taco at Guerilla Tacos! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

my Vegan bestie swears by Bulan Thai. He also goes to Hugo’s a lot.

2 Likes

8 Likes

I know a few wonderful, beautiful vegan women with busy lives who use Purple Carrot

3 Likes

My son’s girlfriend just posted about this Vegan Deli, calling it a new favorite.

http://counterpartdeli.com/

2 Likes

Never been yet…

Munchies Vegan Diner in Santa Ana

oooo this is very close to me, I need to check it out!

1 Like

Have you tried Triniti in Echo Park? @ipsedixit recommended it a while back. I’ve hipped a few peeps who live in the area to it but haven’t been myself. They’re open but the website appears to be down at the moment. They’re not completely vegan/vegetarian but do mostly plant based with the occasional meat dish.

I discovered these recently. The Plain are plain (need dip) but the Nacho are pretty tasty.

3 Likes

Are those made out of rice flour?