August 2022 Rundown

Sorry, I think I misunderstood you. Got it!

2 Likes

I was attempting to go to Crudo e Nudo in SM but it turns out they were closed this Monday (yesterday) so I ended up at the bar at Pasjoli for a sólo dinner at the bar.

10 Likes

You didn’t really miss much, IMHO.
Perhaps I just don’t “get” that place but what we ordered was not terrific fish, and the dishes had so many ingredients thrown on top that if it were, it would have been ruined.

The greatest of all time

12 Likes

Agree, never disappoints. Is that the Miso thigh in the bowl? I had that last Thursday for the first time.

1 Like

No, but that sounds delicious! I need to try that next time.
This was cartilage + negi. Looks like it was knee cartilage rather than breast.

1 Like

Ahhhh…I often get the fried version - they call it fried soft-bone. My arteries could do with that one, I suspect.

1 Like

Sushi Kisen - Arcadia

Tsukemono

Vegetable tempura

ALC nigiri - loved the shinko, engawa and iwashi

Torotaku - excellent :heart_eyes:

Anago - buttery smooth texture and a touch of sweetness from the eel sauce :heart_eyes:

Best Noodle House - Rosemead

Black fungus with chili

Chungking noodle

Medan Kitchen - Rosemead

Nasi bungkus with beef rendang

Darrow’s New Orleans Grill - Carson

Catfish po’boy :heart_eyes:

Messob Ethiopian Restaurant - Little Ethiopia

Super messob

Gwen’s Specialty Cakes - Inglewood

Sweet potato pecan tarts :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: - why have I not had these until now?? Delicious!

Mariscos Jalisco - Pomona

Shrimp tacos :heart_eyes:

Caribbean Gourmet - San Gabriel

Jerk chicken with their delicious coconut rice

Beef Jamaican patty :heart_eyes: - the real reason I came back, love the flavor and texture of the crust and eaten with their homemade scotch bonnet pepper sauce is amazing.

Tamales Dona Soco - Garden Grove

Tamales (chicken mole, jalapeño cheese, chicken verde) topped with mayo and cheese - delicious :heart_eyes:

Could these be the best tamales in the OC?

Torta de milanesa

Tacos guisados de chicharron y potato con papa

Bang bang w/ Cococane - Garden Grove

Amor y Tacos - Cerritos

Short rib taquitos

Rad Na Silom - Thai Town

Pad Thai

19 Likes

Now that’s serious carba.

3 Likes

*chorizo con papa

WAT???

That sounds divine…

Definitely my favorite item they have, the filling is plentiful and the salsa and toppings are so great.

And as far as the mayo, it was different. You can order them without.

1 Like

Ouch! I trust the person I got the recommendation from so I still want to try it and see for myself but I won’t over order for sure lol

How was best noodle house? Still as good as back in the day?

Wait- is this something you can get to go? I’ve done take out from them a few times and never saw any hot sauce

It was fine, wish it was spicier but definitely not as good as I remembered.

Ask them for it when you pick up your food, they have little thimble sized portion control cups of it.

Hell yeah

Pour Vida in Anaheim near the Packing District. Fancier version of street tacos. Kids loves the octopus. Tacos were very good to great. My favorite was the short rib smashie which is basically a mulita. Cauliflower taco was excellent. The fried chicken taco came with a maple syrup sauce which I liked but can be controversial. The tortillas were very good. Only thing that kind of threw us off was the queso fundido. Very grainy and not pleasing to eat. Green chorizo was weird. Not bad but I didn’t understand why the need to make the chorizo green.

13 Likes

By any chance did you visit the Japanese bakery Okayama Kobo across the way?