Be Happy Ice Cream

London Fog was the first flavor ever for Be Happy though (in its previous iteration)!

3 Likes

Well then I’m glad I ordered it. :wink:

1 Like

Got mine too!

1 Like

Maybe if they ever have a pickup I’ll be able to get in on this. Until then, I’ll just keep admiring the pictures and posts you all put up. :drooling_face:

1 Like

Story went up 8 minutes ago! Maybe still a chance.

1 Like

’Cause I’m happy!

Creamy, Delicious, Homemade Ice Cream Delivered Cold and Fresh Right To Your Door! :ice_cream: :two_hearts:

Brown Butter Bourbon Pecan

Leader of the batch! I’m not sure I tasted each the brown butter & bourbon distinctively, but together w/the buttery, sweet pecans they melded together for an oh so satisfying spoonful of ice cream and the pecans (lotsa’ pecans) were nice & crunchy. :hearts:

London Fog - Earl Grey

Surprise! I like Earl Grey… Ice Cream. :blush: It reminds me of milk tea - a frozen, creamy, subtly perfumed, english milk tea (known simply as tea to the Brits)… and one that possibly won’t keep you up all night @moonboy403 & @PorkyBelly. :wink:

Harry’s Berries Strawberry

Mild, creamy & sweet with strawberry flavors like a homemade jam. A close tie for favorite. :kissing_heart: :two_hearts:

Mexican Chocolate Cajeta

Hubby’s favorite. I’m not sure what constitutes the cajeta in this (dulce de leche traditionally made w/goat milk, sugar & cinnamon sticks). Aside from chocolate I got mostly cinnamon, not sweet salty caramel. But, like the bourbon, brown butter, pecan, the combined sum of the parts make for a great chocolate ice cream.:hearts:

Nectarine Ginger Sorbet

Such a pretty, vibrant color, but sadly the only fail - no nectarine pieces and little nectarine flavor as the ginger overpowers everything. The description sounds like a superb palate cleanser, but the texture was that of thick, icy foam. Strange.

The inevitable Antico comparisons will be made. But I agree with @J_L, these are different animals. Antico’s is made and tastes like no other ice cream I’ve ever had which is what makes it special, imo. While Be Happy is like an old-fashioned ice cream parlor ice cream - if the ice cream parlor made it fresh in small batches and used fun, non-traditional ingredients. It has a subtler, creamier consistency, not bold & milk-fatty with that tinge of buttermilk Antico’s has. Yep @set0312 - Angelenos are lucky to have these along with the other homegrown ice creams popping up around town. Be Happy!

16 Likes

This ice cream is stupid. The consistency of the ice cream is unparalleled. I was lucky to get my hands on Harry’s Berries Strawberry, Cookies n Creme and Butter Pecan. All flavors were spot on. Huge chunks of Oreo cookie. My wife says the best butter pecan she has ever had. The Harry’s is great. Frozen smooth creamy version of a strawberry. I haven’t had Antico but I liked this better than the strawberry gelato at Bulgarini by a nose. Thanks @attran99 for the hook up.

If they are opening up a scoop shop and need funding I’m in.

7 Likes

Curious minds want to know what your daughter thinks of it.

Both kids did not like the Harry’s strawberry but I’m not surprised. I think they were expecting a much more strawberry forward flavor.

My daughter absolutely loved the Oreo. There are huge chunks of Oreo in the ice cream. The ice cream is smooth and not overly sweet.

I went back for seconds on all flavors to confirm my initial thoughts.

4 Likes

The strawberry is the standout, but I also enjoyed the ginger/nectarine and the caramel (the latter two pair exceptionally well w/ each other). Getting this caliber of ice cream delivered to my door is a blessing, tbh!

4 Likes

Getting this caliber of ice cream period is fantastic. That it’s being delivered by the chef is pretty cool. If they opened up a scoop shop post Covid it’s the best ice cream in LA.

The under served area of North OC would be a great location.

7 Likes

I’M IN POSESSION… OMGOMG… Thrilling. THe dude was nice

6 Likes

it’s really hard to make this delivery ice cream work when you don’t live in the delivery area :frowning:

1 Like

You just need a friend inside the delivery zone to receive your order for you. Then you can figure out how to pick it up.

3 Likes

:sob::sob::sob:

5 Likes

Loved all 3 flavors we got! I wouldn’t say they’re mindblowingly better than Wonderlust which is so easy for me to pop in to anytime but i’m really glad i got them…

1 Like

Just curious. Have you had Antico?

No. Traveling for ice cream is a tad too foodie for me :). I know I need to though. :100:

2 Likes

I got my delivery last Wednesday and these flavors were all winners.

My husband took huge bites out of the cookies and cream and bourbon brown butter pecan before I could take a photo…he never learns.

Clockwise starting top left: London Fog, cookies and cream, bourbon brown butter pecan, Harry’s Berries strawberry

London Fog had a strong creamy tea taste that I really enjoyed. Way stronger tea taste than McConnell’s earl grey ice cream. Cookies and cream was the clear favorite according to my husband. It’s not just vanilla with Oreo chunks in it. The ice cream itself tastes like Oreos as if the cream was steeped or infused in Oreos. Would have liked some larger Oreo chunks (I love chunks in my ice cream!) but the overall flavor was delicious. Bourbon brown butter pecan was smooth and buttery, and not too sweet. Lots of pecan pieces in it. My dad’s favorite ice cream flavor was Haagan Daaz’s butter pecan, and he would have loved this. Harry’s Berries strawberry was delicious but tasted a little less sweet this time and more tart-- maybe because he used different strawberries this time. Still really good though.

Tempted to cook some boba and spoon a bunch on top of the London Fog ice cream.

Also, he’s taking a break for October.

:frowning_face:

9 Likes

You mean unlike having homemade, small batch ice cream delivered to your door. :wink:

4 Likes