Best Pizza by the Slice?

Beachwood, here :slight_smile: near border w shaker heights.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Maybe I’ll take a little money out of my retirement account so I can afford to pay for a whole pizza. :wink:

Double trouble

1 Like

Milo SRO? What’s the verdict?

No that was Michael’s

1 Like

Went tonight. A fair number of people there, but there was only one person in line b/f me. First photo shows size of the pizza relative to my hand (it seems wider but shorter than I remember a NY slice being, but it’s been awhile since I’ve been to NY…). The sicilian had cherry tomatoes and parmesan (IIRC).

The taste was… fine? Both slices def benefitted from re-heating (which they will do if you eat in-house). The slices of pepperoni were VERY big, and it was kind of odd, and not crispy at the edges. I wouldn’t have minded slightly stronger tasting cheese.

I actually preferred the sicilian b/c of the brightness of the tomatoes.

I’m pretty sure that the dough for the NY slices is the same used at Milo and Olive. And, while I like it for an artisanal pizza, it tastes a little strange as a NY slice. It’s almost like it’s uncomfortable w/ the masquerade, and the chewiness w/ a thin slice was somewhat off-putting to me. No char on the bottom to speak of.

Cost w/o tip was $13 or $14.

I liked the pizzas, and I’ll go again, but I’m not in a rush to return. I haven’t had Vito’s West Hollywood, Triple Beam, Grimaldi’s, et al., so I have no idea how this compares. I’ll say that I preferred the Vito’s Santa Monica pizza when it first opened (I haven’t returned since then), although the ingredients of the Milo SRO seem of higher quality. But, ultimately, I think they’re totally diff beasts. While the Milo SRO kind of looks like a NY slice (and is certainly closer to one than any of the Milo and Olive pizzas), it doesn’t “feel” like one. I (much) prefer the Milo and Olive pizzas to this. I wouldn’t drive a long distance for this.

4 Likes

Those slices do look very short and small.

Thanks for the report back @paranoidgarliclover. It does look a bit pale. We might try it if in the neighborhood, but otherwise, not really in a rush given how many good pizza alternatives we have in L.A.

1 Like

Where is this from? Want to avoid at all costs. Looks dreadful.

1 Like

Milo sro

this is off topic, but i couldn’t help but notice your pinky is curved; i played volleyball in college (set and hit strong side in a 6-2 for any volleyball aficionados) and into my 40’s and i broke 3 of my fingers during my playing career - one of them being the pinky of my left hand which i can no longer straighten - my hand with all fingers straightened looks like yours. trilling with that finger is kind of a joke nowadays (violin and piano).

You have huge hands! Pizza look blehhhhh

1 Like

Where is our FTC measuring standard, the piece of uni nigiri? :smiley:

3 Likes

aka the standard uni of measure

9 Likes

I’d say my hands are medium size for a guy. It’s just that it was awkward holding camera w/ one hand while stretching out another one, so I held the outstretched hand closer to the camera than I would’ve liked.

Sadly, the pizzas were no more attractive in real life…

1 Like

Looks like basketball to me, that will jam your fingers proper.

I didn’t realize my pinky would be the object of such attention! Never noticed the curve myself before, and I don’t recall any accidents. It does straighten, but it does require more thought and effort than the other fingers. My right pinky does the same, so I guess it must be a genetic thing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is an old basketball injury from jamming my finger. Sorry no uni but this hazy IPA from Green Cheek is delightful. Great nose. Light and fruity on the palate.

2 Likes

wattaaaafffaaaaaaaak. i’m outta here…

at first i thought double jointed thumb. ow.

and FWIW, at the college level, a spiked volleyball can travel 100 mph, and when you block, you’re supposed to bend your wrists to block the ball downwards into the court. lots of players tape fingers together for support, but when you’re also setting it takes away some of your touch.

1 Like