Best Pizza by the Slice?

oh damn that looks great…

I wish the pepperoni cups were a little thicker, like the ones at Grimaldi’s, but I’m splitting hairs.

1 Like

never heard of burned pizza wagon :stuck_out_tongue:

I pass it everyday…might make it tonite!

1 Like

Damn, I knew this would happen if a decent pizza place moved into the neighborhood.

Went back! The pepperoni chalices were calling me.

This time I got a Sicilian, too. Surprisingly light, not doughy or bready AT ALL. Unlike the MiloSRO which was like eating a thick bread hunk. Also a real east coast Sicilian unlike a few places that call their grandma slice a Sicilian.

It’s slightly more sauced and cheesed than the regular slices. I think it’s totally on par with what you get at Larchmont, though I think I may like this one better.

Side view of the crumb of a Sicilian slice.

8 Likes

OMG- I love that.
If anyone here know Sal’s Pizza in Mamaroneck, that’s my Sicilian litmus test.

https://www.salsmamaroneck.com/

1 Like

Damn! Browsing the photos of Sal’s on Yelp… looks so damn good.

1 Like

Gr8pimpin’s A1C Blowout Continues

Had to go back to Pizza Wagon for more carbs.

I’m not a big fan of calzones, but I decided to get one anyway. You know what, I’m still not a fan of calzones. But as far as calzones go…

This one has pepperoni, sausage and meatball. $6 base price, $1 for each topping.

Eggplant Slice - pretty tasty, if you like eggplant pizza.

I am really digging on the crust, for a reheated slice, never once has it been hard or crunchy. it’s always been slightly crispy and chewy. I think they have it down.

7 Likes

Unsober st Michael’s on Bev

4 Likes

One of the best pairings, pizza and increased BAC levels.

1 Like

Drool.

1 Like

Holy shit what a game changer

3 Likes

Yes that is!!!

Can’t wait to go there!

And, the Little Tokyo location does a happy hour - hope they do too :yum::crazy_face:

Stopped in to PWoB this evening for the first time and damn right. That crust is killer. Ate a slice of cheese and a slice of pesto. Hit all the right notes and I’ll be back for those roni cups in the coming weeks.

2 Likes

Are Apollonia squares an everyday thing? Kind of want to go grab some today.

Well you’re in luck because last I heard they were a Friday-only thing.

oh poop… i now have koreatown plans again…

yeah, Gr8pimpin, finally made it into Pizza Wagon…very impressed and only had reheated slices…nicely chewy & crispy, excellent meatball, pesto and cheese slices…cant wait to go back!

6 Likes

Glad you liked it, Mr. Maven!!

I really can’t wait to try a whole pie fresh from the oven.

1 Like