Best Pizza by the Slice?

I flipped out when I tried the Milo place on Pico near Lincoln…I think a slice w/sausage might’ve been $7.50…I made a sarcastic comment that included a “What the fuck” but it was very good…pretty big too, and considering, I believe, they use "free range/organic ingredients understandable but not likely to get my biz again as the LA pizza scene has gotten so much better that there are plenty of options!

What? No honey? :wink: :smile:

LOL!

That would be a nice trick. Pressure cooked slices?

Sounds about right. Yeah, they also tack on the 3% “healthcare” charge.

Big slice. They slice a whole 18” pie into 6, rather than 8 slices.

When I was there, the pepperoni tasted more like a genoa/dry salami, which would be fine if that’s what I expected. Crust was rather tough.

Was yours fresh?

At the Santa Monica courthouse for jury selection and police were searching for a bank truck thief when we got out for lunch so I walked the other way to Milo SRO.

The pepperoni is definitely more like genoa salami but I thought it was pretty good. The sicilian slice was soggy due to all the tomatoes.

2 Likes

How busy were they? Just curious. I’m never in the area until evening and they’re usually pretty dead then.

Looks good

mine were reheats…came out hot and crust def not tough…

1 Like

Got there at 12:15pm and was the only one there, and only two people came in while I was eating. School is not yet in session at SaMoHi, though.

1 Like

Pizzanista. Ok slices. Tried the cheese and meat Jesus. A little too doughy. Too much oregano in the pizza sauce for my liking. Not terrible but not as good as prime and super fine. Pizza wagon is very far from me but I’ll get to it one day

1 Like

not sopresata?

Doesn’t taste like soppressata to me, though in appearance it looks more like it than the taste which to me is more Genoa salami-ish. Definitely not a pepperoni flavor. But this place is an homage to a NYC slice… I don’t see it.

Pizza Wagon is the legitness. I didn’t care for the Sicilian but the slices are amazing.

Pen for size reference:

7 Likes

That’s a good looking feast!!

about 30 bucks for 7 slices and a drink. Cheaper than Lamonica’s and Vito’s and waaaaaaaaay better.

Forgot to mention, go and support because it was DEAD during prime lunch hours - 3 people dine in, 1 person take out, 2 full pies take out.

4 Likes

It’s strange. I’ve seen them crazy busy and at times when I’d think they’d be busy they were dead.

I need them to survive. A few blocks away from me.

Got to try that white slice!

2 Likes

These slices are incredible reheated at home

4 Likes

Those chalices!!!

You only bought 7 slices, you had leftovers?

1 Like

Hah, 3 there heated up, bought 4 to take home not heated up.

Going to be real interesting when Prime opens up (eta October per IG)

1 Like

I’m not worthy.

If I didn’t live a block away…

1 Like

what is going on in this picture? You have a pizza stone yet you chose to use the rack to heat up your pizza???