Best Pizza by the Slice?

Heated on the stone then moved onto the rack to rest

Reheating in frying pan medium low on the stove top works very well also .

2 Likes

LaRocco’s $1 slices, Monday. Really good pizza. Come early, all the young Sony workers show up in droves.

You can tell it’s good by those paper plates. That’s a good thing.

1 Like

Prime is garbage now. It’s depressing what the state of the slices and fuck it I’ll say it, tacos too around this lively parts of town. How does someone open a shop, ripe to succeed and just lets it go to shit?

2 Likes

Which location? Fairfax? What’s the story?

I haven’t been back since Pizza Wagon opened around the corner.

1 Like

I’ve tried that, but the top never seems to get heated. Maybe lower heat. Toaster oven works really well for me.

1 Like

Cover the pan for the last minute.

3 Likes

I only know the Fairfax location. It’s just such a bummer for me bleh. At 8 pm on a thursday night they have 3 stale slices sitting around, no cheese slice… nothing in the oven coming out for 10 minutes… no, it wasn’t busy, there were 2 other people in the shop… absurd for a slice shop… pizza isn’t even very good anymore

1 Like

it’ll work if you heat slower… but yea, broiler is good too in the end

1 Like

i stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds and then finish it off in the frying pan.

1 Like

i thought there’s a hard rule about any bread in the microwave

Hard disagree about prime at least on fairfax.

Go to slice spot for me in weho.

Grandma and pepperoni/sausage r legit. Sometimes they pull it too quick out of the roasting oven but just ask them to heat it longer.

When they opened they were great. By now they’re well below Michael’s and Vito’s and Joe’s for me

We’ll have to agree to disagree.

I’ve never been to Joe’s and will have to give it a try!

I know you’re a huge Michaels fan but the one time I visited there, slices I got weren’t good and Vito’s has never been good, just fresh, overpriced and average, and I feel their biggest draw for the area was that they weren’t big mamas and papas pizza.

Disagree away. I’m an OK michael’s fan, less and less as time goe son. Joe’s is always good but a bit too far on the crunch side, you should try. I JUST tried to eat at Prime again, they had no freakin slices at 8 pm on a thursday and no customers. That is a no no for a slice shop.

1 Like

with you 100% on Pizza Wagon…hope they’re doing well because it is a God send!

1 Like

Went by Pizza Wagon just now, 9:40p on a sat night, they were putting up a sign on the door saying they “ran out of dough” and they apologize for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

ah, now thats great news!

1 Like

Except if you were hungry like I was :wink:

3 Likes